Page 138 of 146

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:15 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Ahem. *cough*

Available to me are:
Bigby's Icy Grasp, Blur, Dimension Door, Dispel Magic, Expeditious Retreat, Fireball, Fire Burst, Flaming Sphere, Force Orb, Freezing Cloud, Mass Resistance, Rolling Thunder, Shield, Shock Sphere, Web

Red means: I really want to bring this one if at all possible. Especially Mass Resistance, which I hope may make the difference for more than just me.
Green means: Encounter power.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:24 pm
by Cronax
Rock,

Given that this thing looks like its going to encompass a single, large rolling encounter and we're not going to need to save anything for future encounters that day, I'd recommend picking Daily powers over Encounter ones and trying to get as many persistent effects as you can.

IMO, take:
Flaming Sphere
Shield
Bigby's Icy Grasp (although you are unlikely to need both this and the sphere going at the same time, you should assume you'll get stunned at least once and will need to start up the other)
Dimension Door

As a side note, why do you have no level 9 dailies? (I'd recommend picking up Mordenkainen's sword and/or Firewall if its not too late)

-----

Mr. Agale is mostly focused on dealing psychic damage, status effects and forcing the enemy to attack each other. I'm pretty accurate (+15 vs Will) with an at will AOE, so I can mow through the minions. I've got a daily Majestic Word for healing and Mind Blast, a large area stun. I can also hand out combat advantage twice an encounter.

I concur with the strategies described so far. Rex should head in the small tunnel alone and try to Metal Gear Solid the box while we make a diversion from the Montmort tunnel.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:49 pm
by The Whistler
All right, I'm all for it! Count me in with the Montmort tunnel crowd.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:34 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Cronax: Thanks for the advice. Lev. 9 dailies? Hmm, let me check my book! Thanks for the heads up.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:13 am
by The Whistler
Are we starting fresh with dailies, incidentally, or have we not recharged from the battle at the Chateau?

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:16 am
by NeoTiamat
starting fresh!

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:09 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
NT, just a little reminder: Lia's at 57 hp, not 19. ;)

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:03 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
To Docbeard: Be it ever so brief, it's smashing to see you back with us. :)

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:31 pm
by Cronax
Remember, we're probably going to need to deal with the ringleaders as well, don't blow too many Dailies & Encounters on the welcoming party.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:57 pm
by NeoTiamat
For the record:

While a creature is blinded, it can’t see, which means its targets have total concealment against it (-5 Penalty to Attack Rolls), and it takes a -10 penalty to Perception checks. It also grants combat advantage and can’t flank.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:30 am
by Cronax
It should be noted however, that unless the enemy specifically hides, blinded people are perfectly aware of what square they are in, and can attack with Close and Area attacks without penalty (-5 only applies to Ranged and Melee powers).

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:47 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
Do we dash up the right side of the map, with those still sighted leading the blind? I can try to nab the fleeing wizard with Bigby's Icy Grasp, if you all think it worth the try.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:46 am
by Nerit
Cronax wrote:Remember, we're probably going to need to deal with the ringleaders as well, don't blow too many Dailies & Encounters on the welcoming party.
Considering how many times I've reserved my bigger spells and spammed my at-wills for a whole fight, I'm going to use whatever I think I can get a success on XD. However, mini-bosses/bosses will call for dailies.

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:51 am
by lostboy
Umm not nit-picking but just wondering how Nicolas managed to get hit with a 22 vs Reflex when his Reflex is 23?

Re: The Shattered City: OOC

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:30 am
by NeoTiamat
Because the DM managed to mess up his math.

Fixed!