ok quick conflab before Nicholas goes rushing any further in, IM seeing a couple options:
1. Be straight-up with the guy and hope he's talkative
2. Bluff Nicholas is actually his friend and hope he's too drunk to rememebr clearly
3. Bluff him into coming somewhere less public and then do as we wish without an audience of drunk and likely fight-ready sailors.
Any thoughts?
Also do you want Nicholas to lead this?
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:40 pm
by DocBeard
If we drag him off somewhere, that'll get us remembered, and I don't want to make it too easy for the guys following us to figure out what we're doing.
That said, a confrontation in the middle of the bar'd be trouble. I vote for 2, and agree that Nick's the logical leader for this, though I'm certainly willing to aid the roll or make my own if Neo wants it to be a formal skill challenge.
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:42 pm
by lostboy
Ok cool will post early tomorrow am, give everyone else a chance to give their thoughts.
Question: Can friendly deception be used in a non-combat or non skill challenge situation?
Scuse my lack of 4e rules-fu...
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:57 pm
by Cronax
We can always try to revert to plan 3 (or even plan 1) if plan 2 fails.
Also, I found the bit with the spider to be awesome.
Generally speaking, all powers/feats can be used outside of combat unless they specify otherwise (for instance, anything that mucks with initiative.)
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:18 pm
by NeoTiamat
lostboy wrote:Ok cool will post early tomorrow am, give everyone else a chance to give their thoughts.
Question: Can friendly deception be used in a non-combat or non skill challenge situation?
Scuse my lack of 4e rules-fu...
You can and in fact should use it non-combat and non-skill challenge situations. It's a 1/Encounter ability, so that'd count as your use till I shift scenes again (as signified by the handy-dandy banner).
Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:03 am
by DocBeard
Shucks, Cronax, tweren't nothin.
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:20 am
by The Whistler
Sorry for the off posting these past two days! I will be on the ball tomorrow, promise.
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:52 am
by lostboy
Thank heavens you can roll heal checks Yalenus, Nicholas' attempt wouldnt have told him if the guy even had eyes.....
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:53 pm
by yalenusveler
Heh...actually don't have a lick of training. Just getting REALLY lucky with Speak with Spirits+dicelove. Course, watch come combat I'll be paying for all these 19s..
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:00 pm
by Nerit
Drrrr sorry for Nerit being as helpful as a brick this week (though when does she actually offer anyone else insight ?). I am somewhat disheartened at the amount of work I have this semester, was expecting less.
The previous "let someone else make the joke" was a "Heeeey, something smells...fishy in here," but it was too dumb to mention IC.
Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:58 pm
by DocBeard
huh huh, fishy.
Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:41 pm
by Cronax
Appropriate music for our current situation I think:
Also, we just need one of the Isfahani's spare pairs of sunglasses and we can pretend Latour is still alive.
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:21 am
by lostboy
Im guessing there isnt either the time or the point in attmepting a ritual to calm the crowd? Nicoholas could go for Lullaby and then someone else go for some serious bluff/diplomacy action?
Also is friendly deception still up? If it is we could with some serious aid another make an attempt to convince the crowd we are Gendarmes...
Alternatively we can just try and leg it.....
Main thing I guess is to stop those heading for the door form making it before we do....
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:02 am
by NeoTiamat
lostboy wrote:Im guessing there isnt either the time or the point in attmepting a ritual to calm the crowd? Nicoholas could go for Lullaby and then someone else go for some serious bluff/diplomacy action?
Lullaby is a ten minute casting time, so not nearly enough time.
Lostboy wrote:Also is friendly deception still up? If it is we could with some serious aid another make an attempt to convince the crowd we are Gendarmes...
Friendly Deception lasts for only a single check, sorry.
Lostboy wrote:Alternatively we can just try and leg it.....
Probably the best idea. Throw me an Athletics (to run really really fast) or Streetwise (to find shortcuts and back alleys where dead people won't be so noticeable)
Lostboy wrote:Main thing I guess is to stop those heading for the door form making it before we do....
Then better hop to it!
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:59 pm
by Nerit
Yes, time to get out of dodge! I have no idea what we're going to do with a LEAKING CORPSE but move it!