Page 34 of 146

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:22 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Well, who am I to argue with pseudo-mathematical proof (that I can't understand)?

Stealth check: 20.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:30 pm
by Kaitou Kage
I am so tired of these dice that I am seriously just ready to punch something.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:27 pm
by Nerit
I know how it is, KK. Don't you have reroll tokens :(?

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:52 pm
by Isabella
Four out of Five down, guys. Who's going for gold? :)

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:11 pm
by DocBeard
1d20-1
7-1 = 6

Shame Sarari isn't here, elves give that group stealth bonus, don't they?

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:19 pm
by Isabella
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0024.html

Sir Clanksalot strikes again.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:23 pm
by The Whistler
16 after expending a reroll token! I may post very late tonight/possibly tomorrow, thanks to a Work Thing, but that should get us over the hump.

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:28 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
That's five! Apparently there is only so much dice karma available for the Isfahanis, and I am getting all of it right now. :? I have every confidence this will balance out over time, probably in some extraordinarily embarrassing and inconvenient way.

The twins have low-light vision, so KK and I might scout a little bit before the party shows a light?

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:29 pm
by NeoTiamat
Well, let me and Isy update the main game thread before you two go gallivanting off, alright?

Also, nice job all around.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:37 pm
by Isabella
Alright, some further clarification in the hopes it makes everything run smoother.

-The mage-lights are treated as creatures for all purposes, and occupy both squares they appear to be in on the map. For example, the upper-Akiri room turret occupies both K12 and L12.

-Sister Nerit Doherty is unfortunately gone for the weekend, and will be floating around in a state of half-being there until she gets back.

-------------------
-Terrain: Any creature within the blue/purple squares on the map can target any other creature standing within that terrain as if they were adjacent to that creature. Any attack targeted in this manner takes a -2 penalty to hit from concealment.

This only applies to attacks and effects you target, and only applies on your turn. If you have an Aura or something that affects adjacent creatures, it will not affect anything in the terrain unless it does so normally, or if the power says it targets creatures. You cannot take Opportunity Attacks on people moving through the terrain unless they provoke them normally.

If you are not in the terrain, you cannot use it to target. You cannot fire a ranged attack into the terrain and have it then target someone you could not have targeted normally.
-For example, if Lia is standing in the Akiri room, but is not in the terrain, she cannot fire a magic missile into the terrain to attack Cedolin. Since she is not in the terrain, she cannot target Cedolin, and thus does not have line of effect.

You cannot use the terrain to target anything the power does not state you can target.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:41 pm
by yalenusveler
Re-roll tokens are your friend. Initial initiative 4...then boosted to a 20 through the glory of 5 tokens gone.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:09 pm
by NeoTiamat
Reroll tokens are good, yes.

Also, put up creature defenses, which I'd forgotten to do earlier. Whoops!

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:11 pm
by Isabella
Just as a friendly reminder to those of us new to 4e, be sure to keep an eye out for cover when making your attacks.

If you can trace a line from one corner of your square to all four corners of an enemy square, you can hit them without penalty.

If one or two lines are blocked by obstacles you take a -2. If three or four lines are blocked, you take a -5.

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 pm
by lostboy
Isy thats some spooky art, very very cool (its like the ticket conductor from your worst nightmares, makes me re-evaluate getting annoyed by late trains on the London Underground...)

Anyway back on topic, initiative 14 and 4 I said 4! on the reroll..... :shock: damm you karma, if it wouldnt come back to bite me in the arse I'd do something really nasty to you (probably involving large spikey objects).....

On the other hand any chance of some reroll tokens for that map?

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:32 pm
by NeoTiamat
lostboy wrote:Isy thats some spooky art, very very cool (its like the ticket conductor from your worst nightmares, makes me re-evaluate getting annoyed by late trains on the London Underground...)

Anyway back on topic, initiative 14 and 4 I said 4! on the reroll..... :shock: damm you karma, if it wouldnt come back to bite me in the arse I'd do something really nasty to you (probably involving large spikey objects).....

On the other hand any chance of some reroll tokens for that map?
Shall we say 6 a piece, two maps, for 12 RT? Brings you right back up to 17 RT. If your initiative is anything to go by, you may need them soon enough. :wink:

Glad you like Cedolin.