The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

My brother needs heals and he's more important than you!

(I kid, I kid! Don't hate me, please!)
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Cedolin spends another action point and uses Twist of Fate (taking a penalty and 11 Radiant Damage) on Darius, Celeste, Kerrian. Hits Darius, hits Celeste, misses Kerrian by 1 (go Second Wind and Divine Sanction!). To the Corridor with you!

Upper Kartakan Turret uses Ray of Destruction on Kerrian's hound, rolls a 5.

Corridor Turrets!
Middle-Left uses Psychic Shock on Darius, misses.
Middle-Right uses Psychic Shock on Celeste, hits for 9 damage
Lower-Left uses Ray of Destruction on Darius, hits for 11
Lower-Right uses Ray of Destruction on Celeste, hits for 7.
Upper-Left uses Ruinous Burst on Celeste, Darius, and both middle turrets. Misses Darius, hits Celeste and Middle-Left turret for 17 damage.
Upper-Right uses Ruinous Burst on Celeste, Darius, and both middle turrets. Misses Darius, hits Darius and Middle-Left for 26, crits Middle-Right for 35 damage.
We have at least a typo and (I dare to hope!) a miscalculation here...Was Darius hit or missed by the second Ruinous Burst? If the bolded text should read "Misses Darius, hits Celeste" then Darius takes only 11 damage and is at 38 hit points, correct?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

The Whistler wrote:Wow, so Cedolin isn't even bloodied yet?
He's a solo artist...he's got two action points and who knows how many hit points. :?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

That should be misses Celeste, hits Darius.

I have been doing too much copying and pasting. Oooone moment.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

The Whistler wrote:Wow, so Cedolin isn't even bloodied yet?
On the other hand he has vulnerability 5 so it's a good opportunity to lay on some serious hurt.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Kaitou Kage wrote:
The Whistler wrote:Wow, so Cedolin isn't even bloodied yet?
On the other hand he has vulnerability 5 so it's a good opportunity to lay on some serious hurt.
Not anymore, since he's not adjacent to Cyrus any longer (at least, if I'm understanding how all these powers play out).
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

As I understood, it occurred at the end of Cedolin's turn, and he did not end adjacent.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

And I just performed an unkindness upon Cedolin, if you want to get in there and make his day even more craptacular.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

I'll throw a heal onto Celeste this turn. Don't move her until I get a chance to post or you'll be out of range.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

If (and i do mean if) I can finally twat this turret with the AoO I'll come with you Cronax. I can potentially either heal Darius or slide Cedolin back into the purple stuff (thereby opening him up to smackdown from Tomas and Cyrus as wel.

That of course requires me to roll over 11 vs Cedolins will on the dice roller - Whistler do you still have any of those goats?

Is that a good idea?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Thanks, Cronax! I may not move, period, thanks to all the bonuses I get from Kerrian's spirit companion...in case I do, though, the dazed turret next to me can't get off an AoO, right?
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

That is correct, the heal also lets me slide you a square, but I'll let you decide whether and where you want to do that.

I'd recommend that everyone in the Akiri room ignore the other mage light in there and join the thick of it in the central corridor. The center two lights in the corridor should be on their last legs and one more hit each should take them out. Once the door is open Doc, I would suggest you move to M14, then charge to K15 and hit the one on the left. This will let you sanction both of just by standing there even if you miss. Then, if we can get Darius patched up enough, he can rush out and tank Mr. Solo.

I threw down my big de-buff on him and he's been blinded, so the round after this one, everyone will effectively have a net +6 to hit Cedolin (-4 defenses + combat advantage).
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

So, I'm considering my options...Second Wind is indicated, I think. Should I wait for any other healing before I take my own actions?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

have a healing surge with a free bonus oif 10 hp on top Nathan...
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

As a general note, remember that the -4 to defenses and such doesn't activate till after I post.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Post Reply