Page 5 of 146

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:55 am
by DocBeard
You know, eventually I'm going to get offended at all of these horrified reactions. 17 Charisma doesn't go as far as it used to.

Whistler: Yes, of course. I just couldn't think of any other way to properly describe the playfully positive way the three girls were treating Tomas just then. Even if it was more serious, Cherise is 18 and the last time Tomas tried opening up with a girl it didn't go well, so it's not like he'd try anything, and if it was more than a jaunty wink I'd check if it was cool OOCly first.

Rock: You made it pretty clear when I mentioned that playing out a relationship might be fun before the new game started that you disagreed. I'm not going to try and trick or force you to change that against your will, and I hope my RP has made that clear.

Everyone Else: Sorry for the protracted aside, there; originally Rock and I were going to do it as a side scene but our schedules are so different we figured it'd be faster to just play it out. I also thought it'd give you all a chance to interact without Tomas's boisterous presence pushing people around.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:18 am
by Kaitou Kage
Rock wrote:"In part, it was Carter," Lia admits. Her expression turns sombre again. "He's still missing, by the way. No one I know has seen hide or hair of him in years ... I've been half-tempted to have a whip-round to pay for a cenotaph for him ...
I know what happened to him :twisted: And those of you that follow my comic will find out, too, in a couple of chapters.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:13 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
DocBeard wrote:Rock: You made it pretty clear when I mentioned that playing out a relationship might be fun before the new game started that you disagreed. I'm not going to try and trick or force you to change that against your will, and I hope my RP has made that clear.
Yes, it has. I hope I haven't offended you somehow? ^^;

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:31 pm
by The Whistler
DocBeard wrote:Whistler: Yes, of course. I just couldn't think of any other way to properly describe the playfully positive way the three girls were treating Tomas just then.
Heh--no worries man. Description accepted!
Rock wrote:
DocBeard wrote:Rock: You made it pretty clear when I mentioned that playing out a relationship might be fun before the new game started that you disagreed. I'm not going to try and trick or force you to change that against your will, and I hope my RP has made that clear.
Yes, it has. I hope I haven't offended you somehow? ^^;
Fair 'nuff! Celeste will lay off with the matchmaking accordingly. :-)

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 pm
by Nerit
Craaap. Maybe if Nerit starts spouting Chaucer I'll remember my lines better for Thursday's recitation. >_<

WHAN THAT APRILL WITH HIS SHOURES SOOTE,
THE DROGHTE OF MARCH HAD PERCED TO THE ROOTE,
AND BATHED EVERY VEYNE IN SWICH LICOUR,
OF WHICH VERTU ENGENDRED IS THE FLOUR....


I die at the part where I have to say "And palmeres for to seken straunge strondes, toh fairne halwes, kowthe in sondry londes."


....

I can't breathe now. So, yeah. Think it would ttly fit teh RP? Guyz?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:17 pm
by DocBeard
The problem is that I accidentally let a little too much of Tomas's loneliness and tendency to isolate himself show too soon. They're supposed to be character flaws to spice him up, not crippling issues that he AANNNGGHHHSSTTTSSS about in full color on the front page. Tomas just isn't as good at hiding it around Lia because they've known each other for so long, but the fact that he hides everything behind a grin has been a part of Tomas since day one.

Honestly he just needs to kick some minor evildoers's faces in and he'll feel worlds better. Like I said, it's embarrassing but that's kind of where the RP went.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:00 pm
by Nerit
Chill. It happens. I know I've felt oddly embarrassed about the way RP has turned, but it is an intuitive and natural process/progress. When you look back to critique it, yes, it can be even...painful...to a degree, but then you know how to move forward.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:15 pm
by NeoTiamat
DocBeard wrote:Honestly he just needs to kick some minor evildoers's faces in and he'll feel worlds better. Like I said, it's embarrassing but that's kind of where the RP went.
Well, let's see if we can't get the ball moving so Tomas can kick some evildoer sooner.

All eight House NPCs and Charles Devereux have been introduced, and all the Character Briefs for them are up in the 5th post.

Unless there is a major outpouring of desire to stick around the Chateau longer, Isabella and I are going to be winding down this scene tomorrow with an eye towards moving to the Guignol Museum tomorrow night.

So start wrapping up, if you have any last things to say, now is the time to say them.

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:19 pm
by NeoTiamat
Second floor map!

Image

This is also up in the Cast Thread

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:36 pm
by NeoTiamat
By popular request:

Image

The grounds!

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:31 am
by Gonzoron of the FoS
NeoTiamat wrote:Lia and Tomas... I stand by my enchanting couple claim.
Another agreement here!

(I like my soaps in genre: Dark Shadows, DS9, B5, Buffy/Angel... and EoA/TSC!)

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:32 pm
by Nerit
Um. Sun bonnet? It's almost 12:30...in the morning.

Neo, did you mean for this all to happen "l'après-midi," in the afternoon? That's ...PM...I'm confused.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:15 pm
by Isabella
Seems that someone switched up an AM and a PM, but it did not suddenly become midnight while you were moving in - the time is supposed to read 12:24 PM.

[Or did it? Time flies when you're having fun... in the TWILIGHT ZONE]

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:19 am
by Kaitou Kage
How long would the tour take in game-time? Would it be the entire time from lunch until meeting at the museum?

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:27 pm
by NeoTiamat
Er, yes. My fault, all the moving-in takes place in late morning/noon time, with the museum trip being the evening of the same day. I have issues remembering whether noon is AM or PM. *grumbles*

As far as the tour goes... It's pretty much Thierri going around and pointing out the big buildings and interesting spots. It'll last as long as he's got an appreciative audience.