The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Darius sets 'em up, Celeste knocks 'em down! :lucas:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

It was too good an opportunity to pass up. :D
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

I have not mentioned Cedolin's message because, OOCly, I am not at all sure we want the Marquis to know about it. On the other hand, ICly it is not the kind of thing Darius would be inclined to hide from a legitimate (for better or worse) authority figure, and there is no particular reason I can see that Cedolin would think we would be the ones to get it, so it's unlikely it will "fall into the wrong hands" from Cedolin's point of view if we share it with the Marquis.

And, of course, the Marquis will presumably not be very pleased if he finds out we've been holding out on him.

Sooo....waddya think? Do we reveal or not reveal The Clue?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

So far this guy's the closest thing to an ally we have. I say go for it.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Hey Whistler-

We've been watching the Winter Olympics on TV, and you're all over it! :lucas:
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Isabella wrote:Hey Whistler-

We've been watching the Winter Olympics on TV, and you're all over it! :lucas:
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

From main post:
Nerit wrote: "And if you want to test the authenticity of the figure before you, messieurs, I suggest watching the nature of its reflection in a regular mirror."
Random idea, at no suggestion by the GMs. Could be fun. Or dangerous, I suppose, if any mirror is a portal (?)
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Nerit wrote:From main post:
Nerit wrote: "And if you want to test the authenticity of the figure before you, messieurs, I suggest watching the nature of its reflection in a regular mirror."
Random idea, at no suggestion by the GMs. Could be fun. Or dangerous, I suppose, if any mirror is a portal (?)
Yes, although since Cedolin isn't in the room anymore, it currently sounds like you're accusing le Marquis of being a vampire. :wink:
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Isabella wrote:Hey Whistler-

We've been watching the Winter Olympics on TV, and you're all over it! :lucas:
Man, and now everybody *knows* I moonlight as an internationally famous cross-country skiier...

In seriousness, I actually have no idea what you're talking about. :) Why am I on the Olympics, again?
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Isabella wrote:
Yes, although since Cedolin isn't in the room anymore, it currently sounds like you're accusing le Marquis of being a vampire. :wink:
...Uh. Okay, somehow I missed that. Guess I'll edit the post. Kerrian and I think Agale were still talking about finding out whether it was Cedolin at all.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

There seemed to be a bit of confusion among the GMs over whether you were going home or to Rue Foyle, but we decided for the sake of expedience to just move along. If we're wrong and you're heading home to the Chateau, just let us know.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

I don't think we came to a consensus.

Personally, I think we should at least look at the Rue before resting. We don't have a ton of time, here, and honestly I think we all came out of the fight pretty well. Or is someone heavily injured that I'm forgetting?
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

If anyone is worried about hp Nicholas could knock out a song of rest (if the break counts as a short rest) giving +4 hp on your healing surges.

Although I guess that depends if you want a drunk poet serenading you in the middle of the night in the expensive part of town.....

Sorry for lack of posting, I ran a half-marathon yesterday and have been a bit of mess ever since.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

A short rest is five minutes, which you can do pretty much at any point, anywhere. That lets you regain your Encounter powers and spend healing surges at need. I generally assume that you take one each time we shift scenes, so consider yourselves short-rested.

Extended Rests you can't take till the end of the book, so you do not regain healing surges or spent daily powers, just so you're aware. So from a mechanical perspective, this isn't 3E where if you don't go and sleep for eight hours you're doomed.

Roleplaying and in-character is a totally different question, and it is pretty late.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

I see wut you did thar [bunnicula].
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
Post Reply