Page 53 of 146
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:57 am
by Kaitou Kage
Well, looks like the enemies get a free surprise round. Hurry for chronically high enemy initiatives.
Initiative of 10.
Perception is 31, at least.
+2 Acrobatics will be awesomely fun. Cyrus has a good Acrobatics score and that'll just make him that much better!
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:46 pm
by lostboy
Hey anything to avoid falling arse over tip every time we take a step on the ice.
Oh I should mention *Boring Bardic Reminder that nonone will probabley ever remember or care about (tm)* as there are several people to squish this time:
Virtue of Valor - Any ally within 10 squares of Nicholas who bloodies or reduces a foe to 0hp gains 3 temp hp
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:03 pm
by The Whistler
Made the initiative roll, flunked Perception; I don't think I can get close enough to "attack" anything at the moment, but when I post I'll do a defense-raising thing and move up with everyone else.
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:19 pm
by Nerit
Well, I was going to try to get in range but that's impossible in one turn, I think. Not sure what to do.
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:49 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
It's time for good news and bad news.
The bad news is, the only heavy-duty attack spells I have left are encounter spells, so they're only good for one casting.
The good news is, I can cast Cloud of Daggers and Magic Missile until the cows come home. :-\
More bad news? Unless you guys somehow manage to confine the enemy in a huddle, the Shock Sphere would be a big waste.
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:42 pm
by DocBeard
Save it for if the cultists horde or what's in the lake busts out.
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:55 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Don't you have a second encounter power? You should have two at this level and you can use them again in this fight.
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:02 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
The second encounter power is Force Orb, which only hits one target.
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:02 pm
by NeoTiamat
Nerit wrote:Well, I was going to try to get in range but that's impossible in one turn, I think. Not sure what to do.
If you have any defensive buffs, now might be a good time to use them. You can either double-move to get right up close, or you can move and then do a Total Defense to travel a bit but stay a little safer. Up to you really.
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
Darius has opted for "double move", but then, he is just a wee bit crazy. Also, he/I didn't know there was something in the water, which is likely to complicate my Master Plan a bit. (I was hoping to stay out of weapon range from Mme. Poincare on this round, then use Lightning Lure to dump her in the drink somehow.)
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:38 pm
by Isabella
For those new to 4e, some status clarification:
Prone: A prone creature gains +2 to all defenses vs. ranged attacks, and -2 (combat advantage) to defenses vs. melee attacks. Area and Close attacks are not affected.
Insubstantial creatures take half damage from all attacks.
Slowed: Sets your movement speed to 2 squares.
Grabbed: You are immobilized. You may spend a move action to make an Athletics vs Fortitude or an Acrobatics vs. Reflex to break free. If you succeed, you are no longer immobilized and can shift one square. If the creature grabbing you is forced into a space that it cannot reach you from, the grab ends.
Restrained: Cannot be moved, takes -2 to attacks, and grants combat advantage.
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:22 am
by Cronax
Once the daze takes effect (start of the monster turns is how we're doing it I think?) that will break Darius out of the grab.
Also I can slide the thing 4 squares, but it has to end up next to the doctor in case there is somewhere else you all want it?
Furthermore, focus fire as much as you can. one dead enemy is worth half a dozen wounded ones.
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:23 am
by Nathan of the FoS
Isabella wrote:
Grabbed: You are immobilized. You may spend a move action to make an Athletics vs Fortitude or an Acrobatics vs. Reflex to break free.
Or! You can teleport!

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:31 am
by Isabella
Poincare is not currently insubstantial.
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:40 am
by Nathan of the FoS
SO MUCH THE BETTER.
(Fine, five hit points doesn't really deserve the

. But one takes one's victories where one can find them.)