Page 59 of 146

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:21 pm
by Isabella
Nerit wrote:...So, 5 damage.Yeah.
Plus whatever status effect you rolled.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:22 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
Cronax wrote:I'm guessing most of our opponents have a range of 10.
It's at least 15; I got zapped last round while standing 14 squares from the zapper. More likely 20.

EDIT: Never mind, the guilty party was #5, not #3. She was only 9 squares away.

(All the enemy group are women, yes? Save the water weird, presumably?)

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:27 pm
by Isabella
Combat Post wrote:Students, mostly young, mostly women, dressed warmly against the chill in heavy coats and fur gloves and scarves.
Not all of them, but many.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:30 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Talk to me, guys. I can shift 10 squares in one move, and I have an area attack with area 2, that needs to target something within 10 squares. Who do I hit and where do I go for maximum effect?

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:32 pm
by NeoTiamat
Kaitou Kage wrote:What round are we on now? 2nd? 3rd? Neither the doctor nor the weird are bloodied yet, which is a bit disheartening and at this point I don't know how much more Nick and Kerrian can keep us going. We'd better focus fire and I can't reach Poincare at all this turn.

If the weird's not bloodied within 10-20 damage from the last round's posting, we may want to consider retreat. Poincare and the weird are both at least Elites. I don't think that we have the resources to take on another Solo, let alone potentially two.
For the record, Dr. Poincare was bloodied last round until she used her healing power.

I can also say definitively that neither Poincare nor the Weird is a Solo. I'm sadistic, not insane.
Nerit wrote:Yeah, I am now aggravated. The rolls said Chromatic Orb missed for 1 damage. Even if I had hit, 3d10+8 only rolled a 12? Yeah, no, that's not even worth rerolling for. I am not going to post until after class.
While the Miss thing doesn't add your Charisma modifier, you should still be doing Implement damage, and more importantly, inflicting a status effect, some of which are rather nice.
Cronax wrote:Also, while the elemental is resistant to cold, it probably isn't immune (Very few 4e monsters are), which means that any cold based status effects will still work on it.
Incorrect. It is, in fact, Immune to Cold and Poison.
Cronax wrote:Neo, if you would be so kind as to say which defense our enemies are attacking when they do so? Its not always clear by the fluff text.
Here's the attacks used so far:

The Cultists' Frostbite Bolt and Tentacle of Ice and Water both target Fortitude.

Poincare's glaive targets AC, her Blood Drain targets Fortitude. Her Terrifying Shriek targeted Will.

The Servitor's Bite targets AC, it's Tail Slap targets Reflex.

I believe that's all the attacks you have seen to date.
Kaitou Kage wrote: I am guessing I have the combat advantage from the Dazed? I would like a GM to clarify this for me so I know whether to go roll damage or go kick some puppies to relieve my irritation.
If it is dazed, and I believe it is, then you do indeed have Combat Advantage against it.
Nathan of the FoS wrote:(All the enemy group are women, yes? Save the water weird, presumably?)
Most but not all. The only one given a precise gender is #5, who is a lady. If it's relevant I can go and describe the lot of them, why?

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:35 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
NeoTiamat wrote:
The Whistler wrote:(All the enemy group are women, yes? Save the water weird, presumably?)
Most but not all. The only one given a precise gender is #5, who is a lady. If it's relevant I can go and describe the lot of them, why?
'Twas I, not le Whistler. Somehow I had gotten the impression they were all women, which struck me as curious. Not necessarily significant, but curious.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:39 pm
by Cronax
Rock,

looks like you want to center your shock at either K17 which will hit Doctor, Elemental and 2 cultists, or at G20 which will hit the doctor and 4 cultists. I'd recommend the former.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:42 pm
by lostboy
Nathan of the FoS wrote:
'Twas I, not le Whistler. Somehow I had gotten the impression they were all women, which struck me as curious. Not necessarily significant, but curious.
Nah they can't be, with Nicholas Cha and that voice they'd all be putty right now [/sarcasm]

Anyway cheers for the heals everyone, can't beleive I wasted my last decent encounter with a natural 1.......

Nathan how many hp is Darius on right now? I can still sling a majestic word your way if needed this round?

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:46 pm
by Isabella
You still have the tokens to reroll it.

Also that thing Nick indiscriminately quaffed was a healing potion, so I guess he's spending the surge and getting the hp whether he wanted to or not. :P

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:47 pm
by lostboy
yes its true he'll drink anything and yes I'll take the surge.

You mean me on re-rolls? I'm sure Im out...

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:51 pm
by Isabella
The log says you have twelve.


I admit it could be wrong, but it looks up to date to me.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:54 pm
by lostboy
nah I used 2 re-rolls to hit a turret back on page 30....what was I thinking....???

Hey just a thought but wjat kind of action does making a heal chekc on Tomas count as? If its a minor I can grant him another save if I make it....

*edit* forget it, its a standard action

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:07 pm
by Nerit
It's all right, I used the reroll tokens I got for my recent art piece. Attack was 27. I just wish the damage roll had been better. At least Weird gets dazed (I rolled radiant).

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:12 pm
by lostboy
Hey here's an idea, what would be the likely effect of using intimidate on some of the minion cultists? PHB implies you can make them surrender if bloodied or cow them into some other form of action.

Could they be cowed into not firing bloody ice stuff at us for a round or into doing a roadrunner impression in the opposite direction? PHB also states its vs will or a DC set by the DM, what would it be in this case?

Nicholas has a fairly high intimidate and apparently can target all of them at once (with seperate rolls though), and as they can all obviously see and hear him judgeing by raptuorous reception it might be worth a shot....

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:32 pm
by Cronax
By the PHB rules as written, they need to be bloodied to be affected by a intimidate during combat. Since we are pretty confident that they can understand our language, the stock DC is their Will defense + 10 (29 for the cultists). Instead, I would suggest we follow the immortal advice of Dark Helmut and 'Keep firing ***holes!'

I would like to offer for consideration a house rule for the future that each time a player rolls a natural 1 in a serious situation (combat or when the GM specifically calls for a roll) they be granted a single reroll token :wink: