Page 60 of 146

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:33 pm
by NeoTiamat
For hostile targets, it's Will+10, and for battles, I'll usually go with that unless one presents me with a really good argument otherwise.

You also need them to be bloodied (the idea being that this proves that you're not just full of hot air), though if you kill Poincare, I'll count that as well, though probably not for full surrender.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:34 pm
by NeoTiamat
Cronax wrote:I would like to offer for consideration a house rule for the future that each time a player rolls a natural 1 in a serious situation (combat or when the GM specifically calls for a roll) they be granted a single reroll token :wink:
Heh, and what if a NPC rolls a natural 1?

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 pm
by Cronax
Then clearly that particular NPC should be granted a single reroll token as well :lol:

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:25 pm
by NeoTiamat
I'd be willing to agree to this... if I get to institute some kind of critical miss table. :wink:

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:30 pm
by Kaitou Kage
I oppose the critical miss table >_> We're having enough problems as it is.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:38 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
Counterproposal: If you use a re-roll opportunity and still fail, you lose only 2 RT points instead of 5.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:33 pm
by Nerit
Nathan of the FoS wrote:
NeoTiamat wrote:
The Whistler wrote:(All the enemy group are women, yes? Save the water weird, presumably?)
Most but not all. The only one given a precise gender is #5, who is a lady. If it's relevant I can go and describe the lot of them, why?
'Twas I, not le Whistler. Somehow I had gotten the impression they were all women, which struck me as curious. Not necessarily significant, but curious.
Well apparently, one of them is a lifelong smoker :P.

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:36 pm
by The Whistler
So I've heard. :wink:

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:18 am
by DocBeard
"Most" are women.

Personally I'm picturing hell's choir director. "Stand up STRAIGHT, girls, and remember to chant from the diaphragm!"

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:45 am
by lostboy
Whoever bloodied Poincaire and the weird gains 3 temp hp if that ally is within 10 squares of Nicholas.

Is the plan to still focus on the weird, poincaire if we can and breath a big sight of releief that the rest are retreating?

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:16 am
by Nerit
NeoTiamat wrote:I'm sadistic, not insane.
I'd say both for putting us through Poincare, the elemental, and really slippery ice. Nerit just broke her tailbone :shock:.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:40 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
I'm going to keep attacking Poincare while I can keep her within range, guys. Taking her down will probably net us instant victory - hope.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:50 am
by Cronax
The doctor and most of the cultists have done their cheezy insubstantial move again so I think the only thing we can effectively do for this round is to finish of the elemental and hope Neo gets a string of bad luck rolling.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:58 am
by lostboy
Just to note I decided to heal Tomas (aka the tank that was taking a battering) rather than Cyrus as he will share half any damage with the weird anyway, no offense Kage!

I'm out of majestic words but I still have one interupt that can reduce damage and I can try to drop a few random heal checks to trigger others surges.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:05 pm
by Kaitou Kage
lostboy wrote:Just to note I decided to heal Tomas (aka the tank that was taking a battering) rather than Cyrus as he will share half any damage with the weird anyway, no offense Kage!
I actually won't :P That lasts for 1 turn and it already happened.