Page 7 of 146

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:12 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Obviously, Darius is the girl. Because he's such a pansy.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:48 pm
by The Whistler
Neo wrote:"And it takes the University not quite three months to lose them!" Captain Reynaud said with a spiteful glare at Andre. "The most sacred symbols of our country, even the Sword of Leon, have been stolen!"
My brain INSTANTLY adds a dramatic chord to the end of that sentence. I clearly read far too many mystery novels.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:04 pm
by Kaitou Kage
Sorry for my general posting silence the past couple days. I do have something I want to do in this scene. I'll try to post later this afternoon or early evening. If at all possible, please give me some warning before you post so I can try to get mine up.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:59 pm
by Nerit
Who give you warning? Neo or Whistler?

Anyway, I hate this dice roller. I can't believe I failed that Insight when I know Lia's laughing at the aristocratic idiots :P.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:27 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
Nerit wrote:Anyway, I hate this dice roller. I can't believe I failed that Insight when I know Lia's laughing at the aristocratic idiots :P.
If you can figure it out yourself, it's all good. The Insight roll is just for hints.

That's how I play it, anyway.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:40 pm
by DocBeard
Yeah, I figure that the insight roll was for something more substantial than that.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:47 pm
by NeoTiamat
Well, I will probably type up a post after I have supper. If you're around then, I shall try to give you warning.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:10 pm
by Cronax
Nerit wrote:Anyway, I hate this dice roller.
That just means you're accumulating karma. When the time comes for more important rolls, you'll hopefully start rolling 20s. :D

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:30 pm
by The Whistler
Same goes for me with the posting things! Work usually prevents me from getting content out before 7:00 EST-ish, but I'll type something up on the subway as I head home so as to get something out there before Neo wants to go.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:00 pm
by Cronax
Assuming you weren't planning to already, I would highly suggest those trained in Arcana detect some magic.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:34 pm
by Kaitou Kage
My Arcana is not so hot, but I got a 29 on Perception and I'll be posting to that effect sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:43 pm
by Nerit
+10 Arcana here. Hmmmm...

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:36 pm
by Cronax
So if anyone is interested, in no particular order here are my crackpot theories as to what is going on.

1. A powerful houngan has stolen the relics as they could be considered 'personal possessions' of the domain itself, his goal is to cast the most massive voodoo curse in history against the country as a whole.

2. The relics were not stolen, they were simply made invisible and are sitting in their display cases right now.

3. Klingons did it. (because gal-zuur sounds klingon to me)

Anyone have more?

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:57 pm
by NeoTiamat
For the record, Gal-zuur is what I get when I input 'Bile Acid' into an online English-to-Dutch translator.

Cronax, you are taking much of the romance out of things. :wink:

Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:05 pm
by The Whistler
As an entirely unrelated side note which is not actually anyone's fault, the Vaasi = Dutch thing has always annoyed me for extremely petty reasons. Come on: the domains in which it's spoken (going by the Ultimate Ravenloft Wiki) are sort-of-Roman, vaguely-Russian, Greco-Turkish, Persian, nonspecifically Central European, and (non-canonically) Mesoamerican. At least use a language that *doesn't* come from way the heck off in Northwestern Europe. Seriously. :P

/rant.