Legacies of Blood II ??

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Legacies of Blood II ??

Post by Jonathan Winters »

I was thinking about the idea thrown by the developpers for a LoB II a while ago.

One thing that surprised me for some reason, is that all the families were related to darklords. Maybe I was just naive?

While I was happily surprised by the book, I think that there must be so many other (non-darklord) families out there to build on...

I am hoping we get a taste of that in the next possible book. I don't know what people think of this. Am I the only one interested in this?

I remember the DuBoise family sidebar in the Renier(?) section. I really liked that. Also, this way, the book is much more player friendly and can incorporate a DM appendix with secrets and Dread Poss...

That way we can get families of power who are further away from the Darklords...

Patrick

(I hope I was coherent enough there, I have hardly slept in the last two days)
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by William Blackmoor »

From the "What do you want in LoB?" Thread
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

William Blackmoor wrote:
Rules for the Reniers, Weathermays, etc. are nice but I wish for something I haven't read about before, like an elfclan of Sithicus or a dwarvish family from Darkon.

Steve Miller wrote:
I share your wish. I hope the first LoB does well enough for their to be a second one... there are more families I want to write up, among them being a family of Sitchican elves.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

I'd like to see write-ups for the Weathermays, the Timothys and the Wachters. I'd also love a few tidbits on the Azalin's bloodline, what with all the quasi-clones he tossed around. At least one of them must have reproduced by now.
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by William Blackmoor »

IMOC' Martira Bay there's a mage named Lucian and his (also cloned)daughter/apprentice Rabea. Both have blond hair and eyrie blue eyes. Although Lucian is an acomplished mage, Azalin saw him as a failure, because he thought him as to "soft" (like his son).
But sometimes Azalin spies on his clone, for Lucian and Rabea remind him of himself and his son in happier times (This "melancholy" often leads to terrible rage).
IMC Azalins clones are immune to Azalins mindaltering abilities and sometimes take part of the king's thoughts in their nightmares.
Scott C. Bourgeois
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Scott C. Bourgeois »

I'd also like to see a bloodline descended from the Thanni people of ancient Bluetspur. Something with a psionic heritage.

Add to that the desire to see a writeup for the Madrigore family and the Shadowborn family.
I plan on living forever... so far so good!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

The warring brother-kings of the Japanese-style domain could also make an interesting family write-up, as well as a change of pace from the first LOB book's Eurocentrism. One of the Halan witch-bloodlines would make for a cool addition to the game, too, and could elaborate on the status of Hala's witches/warlocks in 3.5E Ravenloft.
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

With all the good ideas being thrown in this thread for a continuation, I can only hope a certain Ravenloft contributor is being inspired ;)
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Bluebomber4evr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Bluebomber4evr »

To echo other's sentiments: The Timothy family, the Weathermays, the Shadowborn clan, and Shinpi Haki's family would all be welcome additions.

To add some of my own: the ApBlanc clan...after all, Tristan's daughter did escape her dungeon....Lukas' family, the Petrovnas, the Markovs, Ankhtepot's dynasty...did Anton Misroi have any children? :misori:
Bluebomber4evr: The Justice, not you, since 2002.
Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights: www.nwnravenloft.com
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

I'd like to see the Wachters from Barovia and the d'Polarno family.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

I am answering this late as usual...

Yes, What we need are ''generic'' noble families. Families that are not all linked to DLs. A blend of both.

And as Steve Miller mentionned, I think a section devoted to demi-human families / clans should be made. I think we need to sit down and think how demi-humans can be fully integrated into the setting. Even though I LOVE the Gaz series, it is still a very human-centric setting (which is not a bad thing, my current game I only allowed human PCs and just about everything else is supposed to be legends).

We should also hear more about the interactions of demi-humans and humans in the realms. How about a book on diplomacy and diplomats?
I don't know, I'm just brainstorming here...

Patrick
brothersale
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brothersale »

also thanks to the Ravenloft Gazetteer 3, we have the de Boistribue, the Blackburn-Bruce, the Gauldamon, the Holsworth, the Scottmatter, the Halloway, the Mournesworth, and the elusive Westcotes
All great movements require a few martyrs... -Moebius (soulreaver 2)
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

brothersale wrote:also thanks to the Ravenloft Gazetteer 3, we have the de Boistribue, the Blackburn-Bruce, the Gauldamon, the Holsworth, the Scottmatter, the Halloway, the Mournesworth, and the elusive Westcotes
The problem with those families (except the Westcotes) is that they were all killed off officially. Now, they are salvageable since a slight tweak from a DM can allow survivors or even ghosts.
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!