Stake Land: See it!

Books, movies, television and everything else
ScS of the Fraternity

Stake Land: See it!

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Greetings all,
I have returned from a Midnight Madness screening at the Toronto International Film Festival and found the best vampire movie since Daybreakers. If you haven't seen Daybreakers, stop reading this review and go rent it now!

Stake Land follows the journey of a vampire hunter "Mister" and his young apprentice as they journey through the ravaged remains of an apocalyptic america in search of "New Eden". Each step of their journey is haunted by vampires, psychotic cultists, and strange new horrors.
http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiff/2010/stakeland
I was even able to sit in on a short Q&A with the director, writer, and the stars of the film.

I command you all to see Stake Land.
Just remember to watch out for the French Canadian cannibals.
Evil Reigns!!!!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Stake Land: See it!

Post by steveflam »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:Greetings all,
I have returned from a Midnight Madness screening at the Toronto International Film Festival and found the best vampire movie since Daybreakers. If you haven't seen Daybreakers, stop reading this review and go rent it now!

Stake Land follows the journey of a vampire hunter "Mister" and his young apprentice as they journey through the ravaged remains of an apocalyptic america in search of "New Eden". Each step of their journey is haunted by vampires, psychotic cultists, and strange new horrors.
http://tiff.net/filmsandschedules/tiff/2010/stakeland
I was even able to sit in on a short Q&A with the director, writer, and the stars of the film.

I command you all to see Stake Land.
Just remember to watch out for the French Canadian cannibals.

So, when are you planning to visit Montreal, ScS? :P
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Sounds interesting.

Is it atmospheric or just cool?
PS. Daybreakers was good but nothing special IMO.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ScS of the Fraternity

alhoon wrote:PS. Daybreakers was good but nothing special IMO.
Blasphemy!!!!

Stake Land is very atmospheric. The film exudes a great sense of loneliness; in the day we see an empty world, a seemingly endless landscape abandoned except for a few enclaves of humanity, struggling to survive in the absence of civilization. In the night, we are swallowed by the claustrophobic darkness; the shadows are tangible and seem to press in. Decay and corruption creeps into everything. It gives a great sense of of the evil that lurks in the darkness; both the undead, and the living.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:Just remember to watch out for the French Canadian cannibals.
Do they speak of that in Mclean's ? :)

---

I watched the images on the link, vamps look cool, like those in 30 days of night.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
ScS of the Fraternity

Joël of the FoS wrote:Do they speak of that in Mclean's ? :)l
No, I heard about it from the Food Network.
Evil Reigns!!!!