RIP Tony Curtis alias Danny Wilde

Books, movies, television and everything else
Nikolaï Von Zarovich
Conspirator
Conspirator

RIP Tony Curtis alias Danny Wilde

Post by Nikolaï Von Zarovich »

Good evening everybody. I would like to homage to an actor that I appreciate much. He is Tony Curtis.

I discovered him in the television serie "The Persuaders" knows in France in the title "Amicalement Vôtre". I don't know if in the United States this serie is famous but in France it is very famous. It is a cult serie. Danny Wilde is one of my favourite characters. I also seen about Tony Curtis "The Vikings" and "Some like it hot". I love the humour between the two characters (Lord Brett Sinclair and Danny Wilde) and in the funny situations

He was an actor, that I very like.

I am sorry that I write a subjet that is not about Ravenloft, but it is important for me to homage to Tony Curtis.

I would to say you Rest In Peace Mister Tony Curtis

Nikolaï Von Zarovich
Nikolaï Von Zarovich
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Re: RIP Tony Curtis alias Danny Wilde

Post by A G Thing »

Yes rest in peace... I loved him in "Some Like it Hot" and it is sad that he has passed on.

Rest in peace, and thank you for the memories...
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Loethadai the Lurker »

Agreed. I was saddened to hear of his death, but he did live a long life, and for that we can be thankful. I've never seen "The Persuaders", but remember him from many different films. Most notably, "Some like it Hot", and "Spartacus".
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Nikolaï Von Zarovich wrote:I am sorry that I write a subjet that is not about Ravenloft, but it is important for me to homage to Tony Curtis.
By all means, everyone should feel free to pay him their respects.

He did, incidentally, play the Boston Strangler in a feature film, and do voiceover work for Rosemary's Baby. So he did have a few credentials with a touch of creepy to them.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow