Nanowrimo

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Nanowrimo

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

It's the first of November, and that means that the Nanowrimo has started again. I'm participating this year, and I was wondering whether any of you are doing the same. I was especially wondering whether anyone was doing a story that could fit in the Demiplane of Dread... I know a few elements of my creation might feel at home there. ;)
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Nanowrimo

Post by HuManBing »

I originally statted out a fan fiction related to Ravenloft that was novel-length. This would have been in 2007 or so. The outline itself went to about 22 pages long.

I wrote it for about two years and then stopped, so it's been about a year dormant so far. Every so often I wonder about tickling the Muse's naughty bits to get it going again but the feeling passes.
DasSoviet
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DasSoviet »

I'm giving it a go... but as a university student (in journalism to boot) with several clubs I'm involved with and a new D&D group starting up on the side, I'm thinking I'll be lucky to make it even a third of the way on this novel :P
Greetings, Citizens! A reminder: Happiness is mandatory. Those not enjoying themselves shall find themselves terminated.
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Loethadai the Lurker »

I have a friend who is writing for this contest. I think she said she completed something like 9400 words today, which is a good start I guess. I'm in the process of writing a novel as well, but considering this is my first foray into actually writing something of note, I don't think I'm ready for Nanowrimo. Not by a long shot! LOL!
nothri
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by nothri »

Well, I was trying to keep up a good word count by writing a letter to the inventor of nanowrimo, and specifically the fact that he or she made the month after Halloween, during Thanksgiving, and shortly before Christmas the month to do ludicrious amounts of writing, and my feelings on that....but I got stuck right in the middle of listing all the painful ways I hoped they would die, and I can't think of anything worse than 'scorpions inserted periodically into <censored>' so I doubt I'll make it this year.
I'm just a ghost in this house.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

On this day, I have completed the NaNoWriMo challenge with a grand total of 52177 words. Behold! ... Now to turn it into a proper book, which will take rather more words and some severe editing. ^^