Actual Running Games

Discussing all things Ravenloft
vipera aspis
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Actual Running Games

Post by vipera aspis »

So how many of us are playing in or running regular Ravenloft games? I read the books quite a bit and even work on games time-to-time but since my group drifted apart few years back, I've sadly been less then involved.
my bones among the rocks and roots
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Actual Running Games

Post by alhoon »

You tread in dangerous waters there buddy.

Not me. :cry: Haven't actually played RLoft in 2+ years.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
vipera aspis
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by vipera aspis »

Strange to think about but still yeah. Too long now.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

My Dragonlance campaign is ending next month, and after a Star Wars break I'll be starting a Ravenloft campaign. So soon.
vipera aspis
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by vipera aspis »

Nice! That's a good transition in respects of not beating a dead horse. Are you running it for the same crowd or different groups?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

My Ravenloft campaign's been running for nearly 10 years now. We don't play frequently, but we're planning a 10th anniversary session in the summer...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

vipera aspis wrote:Nice! That's a good transition in respects of not beating a dead horse. Are you running it for the same crowd or different groups?
Same group. Might swap a player out. I've always wanted to play Dragonlances the War of the Lance adventures and now I can get back to the 'Loft.
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

After a long hiatus, planning 4th installment of a new Ravenloft campaign. I'm enjoying myself immensely, hope my players are too. Considering running same campaign on these forums, though not sure of the interest level.
Get the Core Genesis Project V4 in the Mausoleum.

Check out the Ravenloft Cartographic Society on Facebook
starfalconkd
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by starfalconkd »

My group is relatively new to the game and have wanted to start experimenting with less common settings. So we are halfway through a Dark Sun campaign (literally we started at 2nd and they just made 10th, we're going to 20-ish). They have all expressed interest in Ravenloft for our next game. So probably by the beginning of next year (depending on play times obviously).
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Ravenloft is currently one of the 3 games we switch between. I'm going to be breaking DMing from our main Faerun campaign after they get through a module. So if they still want to play Faerun the most then someone else will be DMing or we'll be playing Shadowrun/Ravenloft a lot more. :D
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Number Six
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Number Six »

I have a PbP game going with a friend that has shifted to Ravenloft after starting out in a homebrew fantasy setting. Couldn't have planned it better: during his first adventure, the PC ended up inadvertently causing the death of a NPC who had some gypsy blood in her. I decided at that point why not make it Vistani blood? With her dying breath, she 'curses' the PC, who is soon enough lured into the Mists after boarding a ship. A little cliche, but I like the idea of a PC trying to atone for something less than heroic they might've done in the past. I'm using the 'Neither Man Nor Beast' module first. Assuming he survives, I'll drop something even weirder and creepier on him afterwards to let him know he's REALLY knee-deep in the Demiplane...

I'm also about to start a tabletop MotRD game with my fiancee. We're thinking League of Extraordinary Gentlemen meets Victorian-era Buffy meets Hinchcliffe-era Doctor Who... 8)
riMkrad
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by riMkrad »

Haven't played in years :cry:

But have started introducing my daughters to the game (D&D in general). They're almost 4 and 6.. and they both love watching the old 1980's D&D cartoons. Even played a veeeeeeery basic game with them. The older one got it. The younger one is just too stinky right now.

Hope to get my kids into it in the next year so. Old school 2nd Ed.