Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Nice bite he got there, eh guys?

I'm all for running after him, but a dwarf only moves at 20 and I'll never catch up to him. Him running fast as he is definitely cause for concern.

Do we run after him or not? I can attempt to Ray of Exhaustion him as I think I have a good range for it.
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Nice bite he got there, eh guys?

I'm all for running after him, but a dwarf only moves at 20 and I'll never catch up to him. Him running fast as he is definitely cause for concern.

Do we run after him or not? I can attempt to Ray of Exhaustion him as I think I have a good range for it.
Yeah, stubby dwarf legs are not going to catch the boy.


It's still daylight out, being only mid afternoon. Just a reminder for people.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Ray of Exhaustion I think I am in range. How far is Jon from Norzak?
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Ray of Exhaustion I think I am in range. How far is Jon from Norzak?

170 feet and moving rapidly away from you.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

I've really got nothing useful. Any knowledge checks/spellcraft useful to figure out how he moves so quickly?
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Okay, back from finals, and officially another year older. Looks like I missed a lot!

So it's probably moot, but Dorgio's going to try and chase him.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

I shudder to think what Denys thinks of all this, since he's clearly hired insane people to do his errands for him.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

I just spent 3 1/2 hours in traffic because of snow. *sighs* *Grumble grumble*.
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:I shudder to think what Denys thinks of all this, since he's clearly hired insane people to do his errands for him.


Most adventurers are crazy- at least a wee bit. :wink:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Portland,OR

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain is being as non threaten as possible when talking to Jon at his hovel .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Raph, I don't mean anything personal by the IC post, of course.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Guys

Norzak, Jon, Alain, and Dorgio are heading back to the Sancerre home, correct? If so, they may make it back there whenever y'all like. Just post your PCs' arrival. The walk takes a while, but we may assume that your charceters walked and talked on the way.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Yeppers we did talk. Norzak is especially talking to Jon and inquiring about his wound. He wants Dorgio to take a good look at it ;)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Everyone is now together at the Sancerre estate.
Last edited by ewancummins on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

I'm holding off from updating so Adam and Rafael get a chance to post. Let's see if Cirdan knif....er...knights Jon. :twisted:


Equipping characters- this can be done off-scene, before Chapter Three begins. Just tell me what you want to buy, and I'll let you know if you can buy it. Pont-a-Museau is a big city, with lots of trade, so availability of nonmagical items is pretty good. Benn has letters of credit, and there's all that coinage in the chest...

Denys fully intends to set off either tonight or tomorrow morning , at the latest. May I presume the rest of you are in accord with this? You can always take more time, if you'd like. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Post Reply