So he can unfurl his evil plan to kill us all, I know.Adam wrote:*hint* Ewan wants us to go to the Grim Bastion now. */hint*
Mists over the Musarde OOC
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
I never said you couldn't get any silver weapons. I said you could freely purchase silver daggers, arrows ,and bolts. I suppose short sword might be reasonable , as well- as some of those are just very big daggers. Longswords, greatswords, maces, etc are all out. those are less common and would require a comission. A stout hardwood walking stick with a silver head/knob counts as a club.tarlyn wrote:So I just want to say. We are rushing to get the gold but in effect, can't get any silver weapons cause we're in a hurry after all. Scratches head thoughtfully. If we can't get anything, then Norzak will not take anything from the note. The gold from teh chest will be put to a bank. After that, he'll refuse Denys gold.
He'll suggest to Benn to keep the note as we can't get any silver weapons anyways. The note from Jackie is exactly for that purpose, to equip us for the sewers, no?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins wrote:The interlude has ended. Chapter three has begun. It is the next day. eveyone had rested, is at full hit points, has had an opportunity to prepare spells,etc.
Split six ways, the money from the chest comes out to 100 GP for each of you. Denys will add 50 gp for any party member who desires it. If Benn uses the letters of credit he was given by Madam Renier, then that gives the party up to [not each of you individually] another 1000gp.
Any equipment you wanted, within reason, has been purchased and brought to the Sancerre home. Silver longswords and other large wepaons would need to be comissioned in advance, but knives, arrows,etc are reasonable. Any adventuring supplies from the PHB can be had at the PHB prices- except the everburning torch. Alchemical items are fine.
Any shopping may be assumed to have been done before the first post of Chapter Three.
Edit-
So I am right. Silver would need to be commissioned in advance! Oh well
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Read my last post. I clarify in case there's any confusion about what you can buy before Chapter 3 kicks off. Norzak can have found, possibly through his dwarven buddies, a silver poignard[ shortsword].tarlyn wrote:ewancummins wrote:The interlude has ended. Chapter three has begun. It is the next day. eveyone had rested, is at full hit points, has had an opportunity to prepare spells,etc.
Split six ways, the money from the chest comes out to 100 GP for each of you. Denys will add 50 gp for any party member who desires it. If Benn uses the letters of credit he was given by Madam Renier, then that gives the party up to [not each of you individually] another 1000gp.
Any equipment you wanted, within reason, has been purchased and brought to the Sancerre home. Silver longswords and other large wepaons would need to be comissioned in advance, but knives, arrows,etc are reasonable. Any adventuring supplies from the PHB can be had at the PHB prices- except the everburning torch. Alchemical items are fine.
Any shopping may be assumed to have been done before the first post of Chapter Three.
Edit-
So I am right. Silver would need to be commissioned in advance! Oh well
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
A gatherinfo check could possibly reveal someone who has an item or two...
Which Jon does. Gathers info with the dwarven ratcatcher Stoneguts. He buys some caltrops, a nightsuit, and some door spikes. He buys 50' of rope and cure light potion. Jon also picks up some flash powder and some blinding powder. And a bottle of Borcan Brim Bubbly
Maybe Stoneguts knows some folks willing to sell silver weapons?
Which Jon does. Gathers info with the dwarven ratcatcher Stoneguts. He buys some caltrops, a nightsuit, and some door spikes. He buys 50' of rope and cure light potion. Jon also picks up some flash powder and some blinding powder. And a bottle of Borcan Brim Bubbly
Maybe Stoneguts knows some folks willing to sell silver weapons?
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
- Lord Skybolt
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Portland,OR
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Okay
PCs stayed the night with Sancerre, or showed up early, have already met Buckman [he arrived last night, as the luncheon/dinner was in progress, but after I cut scene].
I am assuming all PCs [including Cirdan] aree together. I will post you guys going to the GB [I'm assuming this is still the party's chosen course of action] soon- probably later tonight.
In other news, I have only one test left, and I WILL STOMP ON THAT ONE TOMORROW MORNING.
EDIT- And yes, Buckman is a new PC.
PCs stayed the night with Sancerre, or showed up early, have already met Buckman [he arrived last night, as the luncheon/dinner was in progress, but after I cut scene].
I am assuming all PCs [including Cirdan] aree together. I will post you guys going to the GB [I'm assuming this is still the party's chosen course of action] soon- probably later tonight.
In other news, I have only one test left, and I WILL STOMP ON THAT ONE TOMORROW MORNING.
EDIT- And yes, Buckman is a new PC.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Have you been reading my notes again?tarlyn wrote:So he can unfurl his evil plan to kill us all, I know.Adam wrote:*hint* Ewan wants us to go to the Grim Bastion now. */hint*
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Oh good, then what happens next won't be s surprise for you....
Anyhoo, Corey [the guy playing Buckman] may not be able to post today. He's Jmaytr's roommate, and I think their internet service may be down or on the fritz, ATM. His dude can be an NPC in between now and when he's able to post, if ncessary. Let us move on with the game.
You guys are at the Bastion now- so proceed as you like. I can answer questions, if you have some.
Anyhoo, Corey [the guy playing Buckman] may not be able to post today. He's Jmaytr's roommate, and I think their internet service may be down or on the fritz, ATM. His dude can be an NPC in between now and when he's able to post, if ncessary. Let us move on with the game.
You guys are at the Bastion now- so proceed as you like. I can answer questions, if you have some.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- Le Noir Faineant
- Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

- Posts: 4569
- Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold
For some reason Corey cant log in yet, though it shows him as the newest registered member (Clee). He never got the confirmation email (we made sure to check his spam settings). He might have to make a new account or something.
Jonathan of course ran cause he's used to adults taking advantage of him.
Jonathan of course ran cause he's used to adults taking advantage of him.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Jon ran alongside or behind the coach the whole way? That's fine.JMaytr wrote:For some reason Corey cant log in yet, though it shows him as the newest registered member (Clee). He never got the confirmation email (we made sure to check his spam settings). He might have to make a new account or something.
Jonathan of course ran cause he's used to adults taking advantage of him.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
