Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:Oh I looked up chill touch and it does not have a duration in the normal sense, just how many times it can be used before it runs out .

Hey and Ewan I was wondering if a ghost or even somebody else got really close to Alain like within 10ft right in front of him could some one help him aim a ray type spell that comes directly out his finger such as Disrupt undead ?
Yes, but with penalties.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Good luck, Adam! You do oncology research, right?
Sort of. I work with Papillomaviruses, which causes cervical cancer along with your average everyday warts. You've probably seen a commercial for Gardasil, the HPV vaccine, on TV.

Thanks.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Good luck, Adam! You do oncology research, right?
Sort of. I work with Papillomaviruses, which causes cervical cancer along with your average everyday warts. You've probably seen a commercial for Gardasil, the HPV vaccine, on TV.

Thanks.
WARTS! I used to love freeze-burning them off patients with the cryo- kit.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

damn herpes
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:damn herpes
No, we used a different treatment for that.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

I knew that doctor was a tad young when I had him check out my junk :arijani:
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Benn, very cool!

Ewan, are you a medic, or is freeze-burning just one of the perks of being an NCO? :D



Anyway, I don't guess anybody has a spell that could summon up an army of vengeful ghost babies do they? No, not a fourth level? Oh well!
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Benn, very cool!

Ewan, are you a medic, or is freeze-burning just one of the perks of being an NCO? :D



Anyway, I don't guess anybody has a spell that could summon up an army of vengeful ghost babies do they? No, not a fourth level? Oh well!
Yeah, I'm a medic.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

I have rolled initiative, to get things going. The rolls, with mods added:


Wolutha 22
Cirdan 18
Norzak 15
Benn 13
Dorgio 4
Alain 4


Declare actions and do your thing. This is round one of the new fight. Yes, I am keeping track of how long certain spells last, and will let you know when you are now longer affected by nastybadness [except Alain, who is perma-blind - unless he can find a cure].
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

She's got a shield up, now. :twisted: Smart baddies adapt to PC tactics, just like PCs adapt to monster tactics.

Tarlyn, you may do an invis castle roll for your shadow. His attack may hit.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Okay, casting Light of Mercuria, (also, hoping that shield isn't all inclusive!)

Also, huzzah backstory!
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Okay, casting Light of Mercuria, (also, hoping that shield isn't all inclusive!)

Also, huzzah backstory!
Yes, there is a full backstory for all important NPCs in my campaign. It just doesn't often come out all at once. Rather than a long expository monologue at the end, I like to leave scraps and clues for observant, questioning players. You guys have to piece much of it together from such clues, if you want to know the history. I think it's more fun that way.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

In that case, maybe Dorgio will eventually find out why he keeps running into (and bringing unwitting disaster to) so many people named Miklos. :)
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:In that case, maybe Dorgio will eventually find out why he keeps running into (and bringing unwitting disaster to) so many people named Miklos. :)
There's a reason for this, as well. :wink:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2163149/


That gives a 14 for the attack, ewan. I doubt it hits!
Post Reply