Realms of Dread Chapter Two

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Deltherin groans after Rardi kicks him. The man is clearly in a bad way, but seems to be making at least a partial recovery. His eyes gain focus and he makes muffled sounds, as if trying to scream.

Okithruu answers Archedius' question, in mindspeech, addressing all of you at once:

MY ITEMS ARE HERE. THE GREEN STONES AND THE CANISTERS ARE MINE. THERE ARE ALSO TOOLS....I FEEL THE VIBRATIONS....

The illithid walks over to a nearby table and and opens a drawer. It removes a small case made of some dull gray material.

I REQUIRE THE NECROMANCER.
Last edited by ewancummins on Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rardi kicks Delthrin again. "What ye need im fer?"
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

"If someone cut you open while alive and screwed metal into your skull, what would you want them for? I'd want to repay the favor."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

in the lab-

REPAY.....?
REVENGE IS NOT REQUIRED.

Deltherin grunts when Rardi kicks him again. He struggles with his bonds- but he cannot get free.

The illithid pulls a mantle of webbing from a compartment in its gray case and wraps this harness around its slimy body.
It then recovers the helmet-like device and adheres it to the webbing, also.

I REQUIRE THE STONES.

[OOC Unless it is attacked or interrupted, Okithruu takes the box from Inovidil.]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Blaise feels the paralysis wear off, but with the release comes a scream born of pain, rage, and fear: "SHANA!!!" Surrounded by ghouls still, he focuses his fury at the closest one:

"Hellish creature of infernal lust / I curse you now - turn to dust!"

A blast of red energy, surrounded by spiraling, glittering threads of silver, erupts from his fingertips.

Eldritch blast attack (vs. touch AC; Point Blank Shot) = 1d20 + 10 = 29
Eldritch blast damage = 4d6 + 1 = 8 :?

Rolled on Invisible Castle
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

the ghouls
"Hellish creature of infernal lust / I curse you now - turn to dust!"

The remaining ghouls are all under the crawlspace with Shana and Threan. It's nearly pitch black down there, but the warlock can see by virtue of his preternatural sight. He can aim through the opening in the boards.

The blast strikes one of the ghouls and the monster collapses in a pile of dusty bones and dessicated skin.

[Shana sees a flash of light and one of the ghouls collapse, but that's it- the darkness returns almost instantly].

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rardi says "Let im 'ave his stones, they're his."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil closes the box and steps back keeping it away from the illithid.

"Wait, what are these stones for? They are not normal stones I can feel that."

"Looking at the others she said:

"We need to find the child, look at here there is a kid slipper here and are also 2 headless bodies. Guess we need to ask Delthrin what happened, we have some proofs of his guilt now, we need to ask him more about the bodies disappearance. So I say keep searching for the child and then get Delthrin to justice. We need to hurry though, Rardi turned his minions away once but better not face them again just in case."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana shudders in terror for a moment, then mutters an incantation and fades from view [invisibility] she ten slips rapidly towards the exit to fresh air, moving as quietly as she can, given that she cannot bring herself to move slowly...
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Blaise, peering effortlessly into the darkness of the crawlspace, is about to unleash another arcane blast at the ghouls near Shana -- but then she vanishes from sight! He snatches his hand back, red-and-silver energy trailing from his fingertips.

He's spent enough time with Shana* to know some of her own arcane "tricks," and since there's only one obvious way out of the crawlspace, he doesn't want to risk striking an invisible friend.

OOC: Blaise will hold his action, readying another eldritch blast in the event that: a) a ghoul grabs Shana and she reveals her presence, or b) a ghoul moves to attack him.

* ... although not as much as he'd like. :wink:
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rardi looks at Inovidil, surprised. "Listen do we really want any trouble with the Illithid? Just give him these stones, please."
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

"Now's not the time to question and posture about the purpose of those stones- which I doubt any of us could fathom. Okithruu has been courteous towards us and we should do the same."

He takes a slight step forward and grins, "Besides, if Okithruu was able to crush Deltherin's mind in an instant...it could've done the same to you by now...yet it hasn't. Give Okithruu the stones and then we can get on with this."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

the lab-

Okithruu broadcasts a psychic message to all of you:

-I REQUIRE THE STONES-

The illithid stands and stares at Inovidil with its large, unblinking, milk-white eyes. Its facial tentacles writhe slowly, curling and uncurling.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

the fight under the porch

Ironheart and Blaise see dust flying up in the moonlight, from around the entrance of the crawlspace. Sounds of combat may be heard from within the crawlspace.

[Blaise alone of the three humans can see what's going on- Threan is fighting a ghoul by himself. The ghoul seizes the little gnome, dragging him entirely out of Blaise's field of vision.]

The din of furious battle ceases quite suddenly. Then, you all hear a soft sound from within the crawlspace- breathing. Threan emerges from the opening under the porch, bloody but unbowed, his crooked knife smeared with noisome gore.
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:
ewancummins wrote:at the Old Shell

"Of course." Alain gets up from his seat to give Jamethon a hand. He makes his way to the opposite side of the old man, placing Gondegal's arm over and across his shoulder to better heft the old man to his feet.
"On three."
After old Gondegal is put to bed in his room upstairs, Jamethon invites Alain to play a game of cards downstairs.

''I learned this one in Lantan. It's a wonderful place, Lantan. I think you'd like it there, Alain. ''