Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Just so we're clear, the mirror Cirdan gave Dorgio is not the magical one right? IIRC, Benn still has the magic mirror.
100% correct.

Cirdan's mirror is the little polished tin kind. Benn has a magical hand mirror, the sort a fine lady might own.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:I believe that is correct.

There's no recording of what the Incabulites did with her after she killed herself is there? Finding her body and burying it properly might help put her spirit to rest. Or it might just piss her off more.

Why do I have a sinking feeling we're going to be taking this pilgrimage sometime in the future?
No record of anything like that.

Hehehe
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

ewancummins wrote: Hehehe
That's what I was afraid of.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

Rob knows the difference, but Jon doesn't.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:Rob knows the difference, but Jon doesn't.
Very good point. The others haven't really shared that information with Jon. He doesn't know much about their adventures before they met him.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

ewancummins wrote:
JMaytr wrote:Rob knows the difference, but Jon doesn't.
Very good point. The others haven't really shared that information with Jon. He doesn't know much about their adventures before they met him.
Yeah, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't confused OOC, thanks for pointing that out. And casting detect magic.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:
ewancummins wrote:
JMaytr wrote:Rob knows the difference, but Jon doesn't.
Very good point. The others haven't really shared that information with Jon. He doesn't know much about their adventures before they met him.
Yeah, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't confused OOC, thanks for pointing that out. And casting detect magic.
- no magic from the depression or nearby area.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Wanna bet what Alain heard was VD escaping?
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Wanna bet what Alain heard was VD escaping?
:twisted:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Ha! And here I was thinking we'd got it done with time to spare.

This is off topic, but I just saw "I Sell the Dead," this weekend, a horror-comedy about two Victorian era grave robbers. It's worth checking out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psfPNVTZjzc
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Ha! And here I was thinking we'd got it done with time to spare.

This is off topic, but I just saw "I Sell the Dead," this weekend, a horror-comedy about two Victorian era grave robbers. It's worth checking out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psfPNVTZjzc

Time to spare.... :twisted:

I Sell the Dead! Kewl beans
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

ewan, from where Norzak is, can he load his x-bow and take aim on
the beast? I mean without alarming it. And is the range good for a light x-bow?
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:ewan, from where Norzak is, can he load his x-bow and take aim on
the beast? I mean without alarming it. And is the range good for a light x-bow?
Yes. you are within range, and it's not a long shot. The foliage is enough to provide some concealment, but no effective cover. If you want to risk being heard [Move Silently check needed] you can scootch up and get within 30 for sneak attack with crossbow. That's a...DC 17 Move Silently check. Taking twenty is not an option on this one, of course.
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Alright, y'all have surprise round! Norzak's attack goes first. Do your thang. Let's see an attack and damage roll.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Post Reply