Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:I usually go with "stalactites hold tight to the ceiling." but I like mnemonics.

Where did I get that bit of information about her killing herself, btw. I thought it was form the books, but now I can't find it.
In the chronicle it said she had sworn to die rather than be captured by her enemies. In the herbal book the passage describing hemlock is underlined. The Rider-in Iron alluded to what had killed her- but didn't say what it was. You made the connections.
And yes, Benn can easily find the recipe for making a hemlock solution; it's in the herbal book. :wink: I wasn't going to say anything until a PC actually suggested looking in the big book of herbs for information, but Benn just did, so there you are.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

ewan, does detect creatures spell work on Ghosts? If so Norzak will use it at the keep for detecting Wolutha.
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:ewan, does detect creatures spell work on Ghosts? If so Norzak will use it at the keep for detecting Wolutha.
It should work unless Wolutha has certain magical protections in place, is out of range, or is on the far side of a body of running water.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Okay a post is on the way.
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

ewancummins wrote:
Adam wrote:I usually go with "stalactites hold tight to the ceiling." but I like mnemonics.

Where did I get that bit of information about her killing herself, btw. I thought it was form the books, but now I can't find it.
In the chronicle it said she had sworn to die rather than be captured by her enemies. In the herbal book the passage describing hemlock is underlined. The Rider-in Iron alluded to what had killed her- but didn't say what it was. You made the connections.
And yes, Benn can easily find the recipe for making a hemlock solution; it's in the herbal book. :wink: I wasn't going to say anything until a PC actually suggested looking in the big book of herbs for information, but Benn just did, so there you are.
Oh, certainly. I just didn't remember the specific passage it was referring to.

In reference to the question posed in the IC thread, do any of the people in the book resemble the rider-in-iron? Probably not, since I think he was a knight that rode to the castle to fight her, but worth an ask all the same.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:
Oh, certainly. I just didn't remember the specific passage it was referring to.

In reference to the question posed in the IC thread, do any of the people in the book resemble the rider-in-iron? Probably not, since I think he was a knight that rode to the castle to fight her, but worth an ask all the same.
No, none of the pictures resemble the Rider-in-Iron.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

ewancummins wrote:
Adam wrote:
Oh, certainly. I just didn't remember the specific passage it was referring to.

In reference to the question posed in the IC thread, do any of the people in the book resemble the rider-in-iron? Probably not, since I think he was a knight that rode to the castle to fight her, but worth an ask all the same.
No, none of the pictures resemble the Rider-in-Iron.
You know, I half expected to see an ancient portrait of some unassuming character we'd never suspect, like one of the tinkers or . . . Wat! Ha, wouldn't it be awesome if Wat was just pulling the strings this whole time, like a backwoods Dominic D'honaire?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:
ewancummins wrote:
Adam wrote:
Oh, certainly. I just didn't remember the specific passage it was referring to.

In reference to the question posed in the IC thread, do any of the people in the book resemble the rider-in-iron? Probably not, since I think he was a knight that rode to the castle to fight her, but worth an ask all the same.
No, none of the pictures resemble the Rider-in-Iron.
You know, I half expected to see an ancient portrait of some unassuming character we'd never suspect, like one of the tinkers or . . . Wat! Ha, wouldn't it be awesome if Wat was just pulling the strings this whole time, like a backwoods Dominic D'honaire?
Hehehe, that would have been creepy, wouldn't it?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Hey Tarlyn, did Norzak ever show Dorgio the music box from the keep?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Yes he did show Dorgio the box, Brock ;)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Cool, thanks!

I just edited the last IC post to reflect that.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

All righty then! Havin a peek!
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Unless anyone posts to the contrary , I will assume that the party is indeed heading to the Keep. I will post a scene after dinner.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Portland,OR

Post by Lord Skybolt »

To Tarlyn still bring your wand of magic missiles because if she does not have shield or some other spell up to stop them then she can be hurt by it .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Yeah, seconding Alain's idea about the wand.


Also, you bring up a good point about blind wizards, Sky. Maybe somewhere there are spellbooks written in eldritch braille.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Post Reply