Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

I recently noticed a neat reference in this game. Benn's friend Matteo runs a shop called the Marble Faun, right? I just started reading Peter Straub's Ghost Story. And this is the epigraph:
"The chasm was merely one of the orifices of that pit of blackness that lies beneath us, everywhere." -Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun.
I think that's a pretty apt description of Pont-a-Museau.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:I recently noticed a neat reference in this game. Benn's friend Matteo runs a shop called the Marble Faun, right? I just started reading Peter Straub's Ghost Story. And this is the epigraph:
"The chasm was merely one of the orifices of that pit of blackness that lies beneath us, everywhere." -Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun.
I think that's a pretty apt description of Pont-a-Museau.
Ah, I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Have a skull [I don't give out cookies]:
:azalin:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:I recently noticed a neat reference in this game. Benn's friend Matteo runs a shop called the Marble Faun, right? I just started reading Peter Straub's Ghost Story. And this is the epigraph:
"The chasm was merely one of the orifices of that pit of blackness that lies beneath us, everywhere." -Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun.
I think that's a pretty apt description of Pont-a-Museau.
Ah, I was wondering if anyone would catch that. Have a skull [I don't give out cookies]:
:azalin:
*Snaps fingers* . Damn and we only like cookies!
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Ha, thanks! Ghost Story is pretty good so far, too.


Does Lothar's blood appear to have been drained? Obviously he's probably bled out from the neck wound, but is there a lot of blood around the body? In other words, did someone or something make off with the blood?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Ha, thanks! Ghost Story is pretty good so far, too.


Does Lothar's blood appear to have been drained? Obviously he's probably bled out from the neck wound, but is there a lot of blood around the body? In other words, did someone or something make off with the blood?
There is rather less blood on the scene than you might expect.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days, I was out of town. I'll update later tonight.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4569
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Jon, as I see him:

Image
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

I like! :twisted:
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Raf, for some reason that looks familiar. Is that the kid from Chrono Trigger?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4569
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

No, but if you're into anime, you might well know it:

It's Isidro, the little companion to Guts from the manga "Berserk".


"Berserk", btw, is one of the best sword & sorcery animes/mangas out there;
as dark and gritty as fantasy can get, without being ridiculous.
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Ah! I haven't read the manga yet, but I really enjoyed the anime.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4569
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:) Hehe, in any case, you should get +1 on all atributes for mentioning Chrono Trigger.

Ah, what a great game that was!
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Yeah, I can that as Jon.

:)
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

I can feel the love between Dorgio and Strahd! :P
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

they are cousins!
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Post Reply