Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

He is the Balki to Strahd's Larry!


Also...
Jon wrote:"Think about the children!"
Okay, now I know Jon's evil! :D
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

THIS CAT!
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Oh, Dorgio. In any genre, it's so easy to goad the proud backwoods guy into doing something dumb.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Oh, Dorgio. In any genre, it's so easy to goad the proud backwoods guy into doing something dumb.
Hheheheh...did you just agree to ride off into the Mists, alone?

Man, it's like the players want the DM to screw with them... :twisted: :shock: :lol: :twisted:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Well, -I- don't think it's a great idea, but I do think it's what Dorgio would do. The whole thing about some Half-Vistani being able to walk the mists has been bothering Dorgio ever since Ottokar mentioned it the other day. He's been thinking about his escape from Barovia, and wondering if his blood was what kept him alive. I've got no idea if he's right, but that's at least what he's thinking. Jon's just more the last straw than anything else.

Maybe one of the more level-headed PCs can talk Dorgio out of it. Otherwise I'm sure he'll be wishing he'd just said, "Screw it, Jon's a wererat everyone!"
Last edited by Brock Marsh Runoff on Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

All this aside, I am of the theory that Dorgio will be able to take us all back to Richumelot
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Well, -I- don't think it's a great idea, but I do think it's what Dorgio would do. The whole thing about some Half-Vistani being able to walk the mists has been bothering Dorgio ever since Ottokar mentioned it the other day. He's been thinking about his escape from Barovia, and wondering if his blood was what kept him alive. I've got no idea if he's right, but that's at least what he's thinking. Jon's just more the last straw if anything else. Maybe one of the more level-headed PCs can talk him out of it. Otherwise I'm sure Dorgio will be wishing he'd just said, "Screw it, Jon's a wererat everyone!"

Indeed. I like where this is going! Dramatic stuff.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

Ahem, were-mink.

Image
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

JMaytr wrote:Cirdan likes to gesture with his sword and talks as if his mouth is always full of blood.
"I know I'm not Batman, but you don't have to be a jerk about it!"

"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

If you woke up as a doughnut...
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:Ahem, were-mink.

Image
Is that a mink? Looks more like a wolverine. Of course, they are related. They are both mustelids.

These are definitely minks:


http://www.animalwebguide.com/Mink.htm

Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

it is a wolverine, but minks are like 10 inches long. I figure Jon wouldn't shrink down to 10 inches (even in the cold snow) so i used the wolverine. closer in bulk
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:it is a wolverine, but minks are like 10 inches long. I figure Jon wouldn't shrink down to 10 inches (even in the cold snow) so i used the wolverine. closer in bulk
Ah, well Jon turns into a BIG mink! He's a giant mink, long and low! He's obviously far too big to be a normal mink- he's at least as big in wereform as his is as a boy. He probably grows, in fact.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Ok positions , ewan please. I need to know where Norzak is when Cirdan slaps Jon.
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Oh man, party meltdown!

So did Cirdan fail a powers check or something, or is he just taking advantage of the human PCs ignorance of infra vision? I can't remember if eyes glow red when infravision is used or not; my memory is clouded by too many Drizzt books in high school.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Post Reply