tarlyn wrote:
I checked Franz' sheet he does speak Sithican but not elvish if that clears up any misunderstandings.
Ah, I had thought that we discussed this and came to the conclusion that Franz learned Elvish from Darkonese elves. Just adjust your notes to make those elves Sithican elves. We must assume that Galandel has a very hard time understanding Franz horrible accent when speaking Sithican, I suppose. As the ranger gets used to Franz' weird speech, he may be able to understand him much better.
I think of Wat. At first, most of the party had a limited ability to understand him, but that difficulty has faded with time. Brossel, his native tongue, is similiar to Darkonese.
It is also similiar to Alain's native tongue. In general communication, he used Mordentish, or rather a trader's pidgin with very heavy Mordentish influences. He's becoming progressively more fluent as he practices speaking with Alain.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)