Mists over the Musarde OOC
I know it's a stupid question before I ask, but does anybody have diplomacy to try and cool these dudes off? Or even entertain to sing them a little song or something? It would be nice to improve their attitude a bit.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
- Lord Skybolt
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Portland,OR
- Lord Skybolt
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Portland,OR
- ewancummins
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 28523
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm
Right.VAN wrote:And also the dwarf has red eyes doesn't help...
Outsider rating.
Now, I have shifted the scene forward. The hunt is on!
I need to know if Karim or Franz took either a silver dagger or a silver shortsword. Alain offered, via Wat.
I also need to know if anyone of the party took Al;ain up on the offer of 5 silver bolts.
If Jonathon wants to use diplomacy, we may assume that he had time to chat up the loggers before you left camp- they took a short break to eat and rest. Roll if you wanted to do that, otherwise move on.
I need listen, search, and spot checks from each and every PC.
If your PC is remaining behind in camp ( no NPCs remain there). Let me know.
If you are taking the dwarf's mule, let me know. BTW, the mule is uneasy around Baelmus, to the point of freaking out without a Handle Animal check, DC 17 from someone. The dog doesn't bother the mule in the least, nor is Franz' pooch scared of the wolf.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
- Brock Marsh Runoff
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2303
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: New Haven, CT
Dorgio already has a silvered dagger and silvered bolts, so he won't need any of Alain's weapons.
As for the rolls...
Listen: 15
Spot: 18
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380197/
Search: 4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380198/
As for the rolls...
Listen: 15
Spot: 18
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380197/
Search: 4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380198/
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Listen 1d20+8=10
Spot 1d20+8=20
Search 1d20+6=19
Um if no one else has handle animal Galandel will attempt the Handle Animal check.
Spot 1d20+8=20
Search 1d20+6=19
Um if no one else has handle animal Galandel will attempt the Handle Animal check.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
- Lord Skybolt
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2368
- Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Portland,OR
- Le Noir Faineant
- Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

- Posts: 4575
- Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold
One thing I would ask the group about their opinion as seasoned D&D players: Can paladins curse?
- Dofur is a dwarf, so I kinda expected him to have a colourful language, but thinking about it again... I have to recognize that, for the first time in a while, I encounter a D&D-related problem I can't solve myself.
- Dofur is a dwarf, so I kinda expected him to have a colourful language, but thinking about it again... I have to recognize that, for the first time in a while, I encounter a D&D-related problem I can't solve myself.
- Brock Marsh Runoff
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2303
- Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
- Location: New Haven, CT
My personal take is that would be fine for a Paladin to curse if that's the cultural norm for the paladin's society. Given the stereotypic representation of dwarven society, I'd think it would be fine for him to curse.
Edit: Come to think of it, being able to curse well might even be considered a virtue in dwarven society!
Edit: Come to think of it, being able to curse well might even be considered a virtue in dwarven society!
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights

