Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4576
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Almost all of them. - But you don't worry, I can distinguish between PC and player knowledge.

Since we are in Sithicus, I have a certain idea what could be coming, and yeah, I have campaigned there extensively, in any version or installment that exists for the domain.
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

I've played Howls in the Night, Bleak House, and the adventure that came with Necropolis. But it's been at least 10 years since I played any of those (damn I'm old). I don't think I could remember enough to abuse that OOC knowledge even if I wanted to, which of course I don't.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Only Night of the walking dead. Read the five part modules. Ran mostly my own homebrew RL
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Excellent!

I may, in the future, incorporate some published stuff, but with changes. I will make an effort to include fun little surprises, in case anyone is familiar with a given module. :twisted:


EDIT-
I need to know if anyone is going to help Wat and the other men to search the area around the inn. Also, assuming that nothing is found, will you go back to bed and get some rest before the next day? It's after midnight now, so I figure people will sleep in the next morning. Dorgio will have to get up at dawn, of course. Nights are getting longer as the year grows old, by the way.



Now, a few announcements from your DM:
  • leveling up
    Y'all have a few more adventures/short story arcs/chapters to complete before 5th.

    reminder about treasure
    You guys have some 'party treasure.' You have several rare and possibly valuable old books from Wolutha's castle( Benn only sold the spellbook), some coins, a magic robe of indeterminate powers, and the small stuff that you took off Cirdan before burning his remains ( just a favor from Evie and a little bag that no one has checked).

    PC death/retirement
    If your PC dies, retires, or becomes an NPC through corruption-
    expect your new PC to start play one level lower. This is NOT a punishment. It simply rewards you for holding fast to the PC you have now.

    New players
    We are full. 8 is the max. I have received multiple requests to join, but I've had to turn them all down. If, for whatever reason, we lose players (not my wish), I may consider replacement players if the group shrinks below 5 or so.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Right, so Dorgio will search as long as he can before he needs to get some sleep before the dawn. Speaking of the nights getting longer, can you give me a heads up when the Winter Solstice arrives? Dorgio will want to celebrate Nevermore Night.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Right, so Dorgio will search as long as he can before he needs to get some sleep before the dawn. Speaking of the nights getting longer, can you give me a heads up when the Winter Solstice arrives? Dorgio will want to celebrate Nevermore Night.


For the record, the current game date is now October 30th of the Barovian Calender, as it's past midnight.

I will create a campaign calander and embed it in the background notes, methinks.

If no one objects, I'll advance the scene very soon.

To keep things flowing along, let me know what you plan on doing the next day, guys. After getting a full 8 hours or more of sleep, bathing, eating some sort of breakfast- will your PCs do anything at all of consequence in between late morning and early evening? Is the whole party going to see Tileara the next evening?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio will...

-Find Antonia if she's working during the day, stammer out an awkward apology for offending her.

-Try to find that trader and see if he has any good deals.

-Ask around about passage up the Musarde

-Assuming Jon is around, he'll give Jon the medicine from the Apothecary. If he's not around, then Dorgio will look for him.

-That evening, he'll go see Tileara
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Sidenote: How did Dofur sneak that warhammer into the city? Odds are we really don't want to know.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4576
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Sidenote: How did Dofur sneak that warhammer into the city? Odds are we really don't want to know.
:shock: It could be that I overread something, like when I though Skybolt was cowering. Well, if it's not a warhammer, let's make it a GIANT SOUP SPOON.

No, I am sorry, every time I play a non-human, I get silly. If it's dwarves, it's always either Flint Fireforge or BOMBUR. You should have seen the halfling I suggested to Ewan...

Besides, where are Skybolt, JMartyr and the rest? - I hope it wasn't my little tick-off that keeps them away!
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Rafael wrote:
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Sidenote: How did Dofur sneak that warhammer into the city? Odds are we really don't want to know.
:shock: It could be that I overread something, like when I though Skybolt was cowering. Well, if it's not a warhammer, let's make it a GIANT SOUP SPOON.

No, I am sorry, every time I play a non-human, I get silly. If it's dwarves, it's always either Flint Fireforge or BOMBUR. You should have seen the halfling I suggested to Ewan...

Besides, where are Skybolt, JMartyr and the rest? - I hope it wasn't my little tick-off that keeps them away!
Yeah, edit that warhammer reference. Make it a chair or something.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Franz is :

a) Sleeping
b) Exercising when he wakes
c) Bathing
d) Eating
e) Go visit Tileara alone
f) Come back to the Inn
g) Go visit her with the party after supper.
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

hammerspace....
big wooden soup spoon

Good times, good times.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:53 am
Location: Italy // Greece

Post by VAN »

Finally at home and back to the normal everyday posting :)

I have played: Night of the Walkind Dead, From the Shadows, Roots of Evil and the one in Paridon with Bloody Jack and the dagger I don't remember the name now. But I have heard of some more and maybe my brother have used some parts of other adventures or ideas to his homebrew campaigns.

Karim will rest and the next day will go for a walk at the city and then pretty much cruch at the bar till go with the others to meet Tileara
Last edited by VAN on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Hey folks, I'm at a conference right now, but I wanted to check in real quick and let you know I'll post either tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on how the conference goes.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

My friend Michelle was in town from Iraq yesterday/this morning, so I was way too busy to post the last couple of days.

I'll update now.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Post Reply