Wachter Family?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Heretic
Conspirator
Conspirator

Wachter Family?

Post by Heretic »

The last prominent noble family of Barovia seems to get no real love when it comes to actual surviving members of the legacy, only Ivan Wachter, Krezk's Burgomaster is cited in canon.

I would really appreciate it someone could point me to some fan-made material/story where some of the members were depicted, such as on the USS2003 where the Romuliches, Ionelus, Dolevinas & others were defined.

Thanks a bunch guys!
[b]Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist - Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights[/b]
www.nwnravenloft.com
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Wachter Family?

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

Well, Felix Wachter sure made his mark on history, as the second Bastion of Ezra. Mistipedia records a few others.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
herkles
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by herkles »

hmm, I wonder then, would the watcher family be an ezrite family or was felix a black sheep or not even connected to the family just happening to have the last name of watcher?
Heretic
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Heretic »

DeepShadow of FoS wrote:Well, Felix Wachter sure made his mark on history, as the second Bastion of Ezra. Mistipedia records a few others.
Yeah, but those are from many years before Ivan Wachter, what I am looking for are members dating from Ivan Wachter's time. :)

Thanks for the links; but already scourged what's in the Mistipedia. Its looking more and more that we (at Prisoners of the Mists), may have to design the current bloodline from scratch.
[b]Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist - Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights[/b]
www.nwnravenloft.com
Garudos Celestar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Garudos Celestar »

herkles wrote:hmm, I wonder then, would the watcher family be an ezrite family or was felix a black sheep or not even connected to the family just happening to have the last name of watcher?
Felix Wachter was one of the very first members of the Ezrite faith; he was directly involved in the controversy following religion founder Yakov Dilisnya's death (and persumably knew the founder personally). Thus, it would be hard to claim that there was really anything resembling an "Ezrite family" at the time, since anyone who was part of that first crew of believers would have been a convert almost by definition. The closest thing probably would have been the branch of the Dilisnyas with close relationships to Yakov and Camille after the two of them moved to Borca.

Still, Felix Wachter's decision to join the faith may not have been welcomed by the rest of his family, as the Wachters have been noted to have a long history of loyalty to the von Zaroviches, while the Dilisnyas rather infamously have not (for example, it would be very unlikely that burgomeister Ivan is a devout practicing Ezrite, for political considerations if for no other reason).
[i]"I too have begun to wonder about the legendary wisdom of our guardian angel and his pet rock."
~ Evee Beiderbecke[/i]
Stygian Witch
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Stygian Witch »

And to what level would they be involved within Barovian politics and administration? Would it be not uncommon to find a Barovian Officer with a Wachter surname? Or maybe even an Agent of the Count?
Ravenloft: Prisoners of the Mist - Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights
www.nwnravenloft.com