Hazlan, Land of Monsters OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Hazlan, Land of Monsters OOC

Post by Isabella »

Revka et al wrote:I just want to make it clear that the spitefulness of my character in the post I just made in Chapter 1 is NOT personal to any player--it is just how my character would behave. Furthermore, while the characters may not know it, she is playing the part of the socialite--she's only "there for the fireworks," after all.
It's always good to keep things clear just in case, even with long-time players. I for one didn't even think it (and like Neo, found it hilarious). Then again, I got off light, considering. ;)
Nathan of the FoS wrote:And a question! It seems we have a lot of letter writers here. Should we put all letters in one thread, or have one PC's correspondence per thread, or something else?
A dedicated correspondence thread wouldn't be amiss, but one thread per player would be a great deal of clutter, I think. If we're concerned about being able to sort the letters, the buttons should do it... probably.

Sorry if my letters have confused anyone, by the way. They were just meant as little fun things for people who had played in the previous campaigns, not as anything meant to be important (unless Cattia decides to start reading the Paladin's letters, I have no idea why she would - but if she does, there they are! She can read them!)

I guess if we're all being drags, I'll note that I'm usually used to certain OOC notes being in the OOC thread (things like forms of address or rules corrections, not things like Cattia's helpful "here is how to interact with my character right now" notes). This is pretty much a nitpick, though, and I can adapt if people like it that way.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Like Isy, I'm used to past tense because that's how the books I've read are written, and I've been using it in all my campaigns since I started gaming. I can't say I even notice tenses very much?

As far as threads go, I'm generally a believe in having one thread for 'mechanics' and 'needed information' -- Stuff like how to spend RPs, any houserules, setting particulars, etc. And one thread for cutscenes and letters and the like (maybe one big post per PC letter writer, with new letters getting edited in?)
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

OK! Now we have a topic for correspondence! I have put Isy's and Revka's letters over there...please let me know if there are others I should do the same for.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

I just got diagnosed with mono today. I'll try to post but only if I'm feeling up to it.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Wow. :shock: I hope you get better as soon as possible. Please do post if you can, but no worries. I know mono can be miserable.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

At Nathan's request.
VIEW CONTENT:
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

I hope Vasili has the "YouTube" eidolon evolution. :D
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Isabella wrote:I hope Vasili has the "YouTube" eidolon evolution. :D
:lol: I was considering having him fumble around for a description and then whip up a silent image of what it all looked like, but that did seem a little too YouTubey.
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Soon all of Hazlan will have the story of how Lena and Cattia met:

Do you remember THAT day?
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

...I now feel an overwhelming urge to say 'nice haircut' to Cattia.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I just realized that I never said when Vasili's discussion with Cattia is taking place in the Prologue. It's edited now, but I figured I ought to let everyone know that it's taking place on Forbearance Red Wisdom--about three days after the talk with the Jarenberg.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Your skill modifiers all revolt me. :|
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Look on the bright side. When the monsters attack, you're the only in the party with hitpoints or AC or saves.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

So, bit of a favor, those who are mods - The Whistler forgot his password, and then apparently the FoS website has decided his email is not a thing that exists (despite him getting PM notifications sent to it periodically). Is there any way that could be rejiggered to a state where he could actually interact with the forums?