Hi,
I was going to bring this up on the AI thread, but as that appears to be degenerating, so i thought a new thread would be better. i have been recently playing around with AI and as a bit of fun i decided to see what images it could make based on the various descriptions in the netbooks, and was pleasantly surprised at the result (for those interested i used duckduckgo AI). I did offer them to the Fraternity to see if they wanted to put them up somewhere, but with their current posted policy on AI, i have placed them on the following: https://www.deviantart.com/brothersale feel free to use them how you like.
Please no hate mail, they are clearly marked with the source articles and authors and listed as AI, i lay no claim to it being my art they are only image to aid player and DMs visualise written characters from the netbooks and they are free
Ravenloft Images
- brothersale
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 364
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:02 am
Ravenloft Images
All great movements require a few martyrs... -Moebius (soulreaver 2)
- Joël of the FoS
- Moderator

- Posts: 7085
- Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:24 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: St-Damien, Québec
Re: Ravenloft Images
Hello brothersale,
Thanks for understanding our position, and for sharing this gallery on the deviantart site.
And thanks for the Morts-qui-Dancent
You are not alone in this case, another article was turned down for QtR as 50 % of its content was AI images. I know both of you took a lot of time making this article and images, and I'm sorry for the bad timing with our AI policy. But we have to respect this new policy, or our position would not make any sense.
I think one complain you will have here is that some people who object to AI will also object to other people using their article and make AI out of it (it's their intellectual property).
Joël
Thanks for understanding our position, and for sharing this gallery on the deviantart site.
And thanks for the Morts-qui-Dancent
You are not alone in this case, another article was turned down for QtR as 50 % of its content was AI images. I know both of you took a lot of time making this article and images, and I'm sorry for the bad timing with our AI policy. But we have to respect this new policy, or our position would not make any sense.
I think one complain you will have here is that some people who object to AI will also object to other people using their article and make AI out of it (it's their intellectual property).
Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
- brothersale
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 364
- Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:02 am
Re: Ravenloft Images
Hi Joel, not a problem. As I stated these are free and I will not attempt to make any claims that they are art or that they are anything other than AI interpretations of written descriptions provide by the article writers with maybe a couple of tweaks to correct some things.
All great movements require a few martyrs... -Moebius (soulreaver 2)
- tomokaicho
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 586
- Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:27 am
Re: Ravenloft Images
Hear ye the tale
Of we who summoned the machine
We who cast a cruel eye upon our fellows
And sought to replace them
We cast out the typesetters
And now their former profession is called Word
I did not care because the machines had come for others
And had yet to come for me
Spinning mules, knitting frames and power looms
The machines have conquered many times before
I know the machines are coming for me too
But I care not
For the machines will one day tell a tale of me
Of we who summoned the machine
We who cast a cruel eye upon our fellows
And sought to replace them
We cast out the typesetters
And now their former profession is called Word
I did not care because the machines had come for others
And had yet to come for me
Spinning mules, knitting frames and power looms
The machines have conquered many times before
I know the machines are coming for me too
But I care not
For the machines will one day tell a tale of me
