The Apparatus

Discussing all things Ravenloft
vipera aspis
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Apparatus

Post by vipera aspis »

My question is this: has anyone done any adventures(played or ran) featuring the Apparatus? Not including canon works. Like fan made adventures for instance. I would like to have my players "interact" with such a device but, i would like to hear more about it from others first.
Also, canon and non-canon; where is the Apparatus these days?
my bones among the rocks and roots
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Easan had his own version of the Apparatus, while the original is still on Gryphon Hill.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

I placed the Apparatus on my homeworld once, splitting a powerful mage into two parts. Both parts went on to insinuate themselves into positions of political power as advisors. The evil part began a purge of a certain god's religious followers, eventually drawing the attention of the Dark Powers who brought a large number of that nation's people into Darkon.

The evil part also timed it well such that the displaced god sent its three avatars to the homeworld to oppose him. These avatars ended up in Darkon as well, somewhat to Azalin's concern.
Spiteful Crow
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Spiteful Crow »

Easan has a version of the apparatus?! :shock:

Why doesn't someone use it to get the demon out of him, then?!

Is that what he used to turn Vanjuko (sp?) into the tin man?
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

Spiteful Crow wrote:Easan has a version of the apparatus?! :shock:

Why doesn't someone use it to get the demon out of him, then?!

Is that what he used to turn Vanjuko (sp?) into the tin man?
Easan is insane. His train of thought does not follow what we know as "logic."
"Deities are no more than mortals with supernatural powers, and thus are capable of making mistakes."
~Alper, Kobold Alchemist in my Ravenloft Campaign
Gemathustra
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gemathustra »

Also, even if Easan intended to use his Apparatus to exorcise himself of his personal demon...
He can't, given as how Ami Vanjuko thanked Easan by destroying the entire estate and his Apparatus in a fit of rage.
Either that, or when Easan rebuilt everything, including his infernal machine, he forgot what it did.
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Maybe his "demon side" took over just as he was preparing to use the Apparatus, and altered it so that it separated out the wood elf's desire to ever be separated? :diamabel:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow