Timeline events post-758

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Lucius
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Lucius »

And how about we creating a timeline taking the info of the Gaz and Rl 3e products from 759 to....775 maybe?
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

Lucius wrote:And how about we creating a timeline taking the info of the Gaz and Rl 3e products from 759 to....775 maybe?
A Noble and daunting undertaking, one which interests me a great deal, though i am still catching up on my 3E reading. Mangrum's timeline is indispensable and it would be great to see it updated for the data we have added since 3E. (I believe Die Vecna Die is the last module to be referenced in JM's timeline) Mangrum also added the first two BoS in their own timeline, so as to keep the canon seperate fromt he pseudo-canon. I think a point of reference for all the internet material has merit as well, since there is no law saying any of that information HAS to be used in an individual campaign.

The Gaz series is full of False History, which has a lot of my attention at the moment. A timeline that integrated this information would be very helpful, since--from a metagame standpoint--what the people know and what they THINK they know have essentially the same value.
Get the Core Genesis Project V4 in the Mausoleum.

Check out the Ravenloft Cartographic Society on Facebook
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Hmm... If I was to go by my old campaigns (which ended in 762) there would be alot to type out and since many are already familiar with my exploits in the Core's south east, I'll highlight a few other events that NEVER made it into my games.

Gregor Zolnik uncovered a vast supply of vodka leading to an extended period of inactivity for him and his boyarski while they remained in a drunken stupor for 3 years.

Strahd uncovered another clone of tatyanna and also one of Sergei, he took great pride in killing them both, then regretted killing his ove yet again.

Lyssa Von Zavorich created another plot hole by getting pregnant by Harkon Lucas and gave birth to 5 Reavers. They were all girls.

The Winding Road appeared all over the place, seemingly followed by Johnny Depp lookalikes.

Azalin tried to escape the Dread Realms at least once a week, all attempts were thwarted.

Death had a sex change and was renamed Dorothy de Morte. She has encouraged the sale of dead flowers throughout the domain.

Drusilla took over the FoS for a whole fortnight before getting bored and sold the deeds to the manor to a passing piper being chased by wererats. The current ownership of the manor remains a mystery.

The House of Lament decided that Mara is no longer lonely, but also would "murder for a curry". Indian takeways have since become popular in Borca.

Hazlik came out of the closet, was laughed at, and went back into it by using a little spell to wipe everyones memories.

Rudolph Van Rivhten came back form the dead, noticed the ToUD was still some time off and died again.

The Weathermay twins both married lord Godefroy without realising 2 things. 1, they were both marrying the same guy and 2, he was a ghost. They're now suing for divorce and for once in his life, Godefroy realises he mat actually win an argument agains ta woman!

Kalidnay is still petitioning to exist, desptie everyone else saying it doesn't. The standing of the Dark powers on this struggle is in a fit of giggles.

The Nocturnal Sea has seen a fair number of false Dark Lords including The Dread Pirate Roberts, Captain Jack Sparrow, Davey Jones (of The Monkees, not the other Davey Jones) and the band Alestorm. The price of rum has also trippled, meaning most of these returned home to Saragossa, where they loot it for free.

Tristessa tried opening a babysitting business, it failed when all the children seemed to die mysteriously in her care. She still denies anything about how the spider legs got grafted on to them.

The Shadow Rift had an open day, no one bothered to go.

Staunton Bluffs were painted white and renamed The White Cliffs or the Dread Realms and no one noticed for 2 years, so the paint was washed away again.

The Isle of Demise now has sandy beaches and boming tourist trade, but many tour groups venturing inland have never been seen again. However, the statue stall is booming.

Lemot Sedium Juste managed success with a musical called Banshee of the Marketplace, but not before it was stolen by a small time playwrite from Paridon where it earned the thief a fortune before he was killed and replaced by a Dread Doppleganger.

Nova Vaasa has rewruitten it's history each year, just to confuse people further. In the most recent edit, the domain's real name is Barovia Junior and was formed in 1BC by a down and out organ grinder named Geoff the Monkey Man.
Swallow your soul!
Amicus
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Amicus »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:Nova Vaasa has rewruitten it's history each year, just to confuse people further. In the most recent edit, the domain's real name is Barovia Junior and was formed in 1BC by a down and out organ grinder named Geoff the Monkey Man.
This is the best history of the domain I've ever seen. Long live Barovia Jr. (aka Nova Huurdi-guurdia!) Geoff could even start a band with Davy Jones!

But what about Desmond LaRouche, Half-Monkey?
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tykus »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:Hmm... If I was to go by my old campaigns (which ended in 762) there would be alot to type out and since many are already familiar with my exploits in the Core's south east, I'll highlight a few other events that NEVER made it into my games.

Gregor Zolnik uncovered a vast supply of vodka leading to an extended period of inactivity for him and his boyarski while they remained in a drunken stupor for 3 years.

Strahd uncovered another clone of tatyanna and also one of Sergei, he took great pride in killing them both, then regretted killing his ove yet again.

Lyssa Von Zavorich created another plot hole by getting pregnant by Harkon Lucas and gave birth to 5 Reavers. They were all girls.

The Winding Road appeared all over the place, seemingly followed by Johnny Depp lookalikes.

Azalin tried to escape the Dread Realms at least once a week, all attempts were thwarted.

Death had a sex change and was renamed Dorothy de Morte. She has encouraged the sale of dead flowers throughout the domain.

Drusilla took over the FoS for a whole fortnight before getting bored and sold the deeds to the manor to a passing piper being chased by wererats. The current ownership of the manor remains a mystery.

The House of Lament decided that Mara is no longer lonely, but also would "murder for a curry". Indian takeways have since become popular in Borca.

Hazlik came out of the closet, was laughed at, and went back into it by using a little spell to wipe everyones memories.

Rudolph Van Rivhten came back form the dead, noticed the ToUD was still some time off and died again.

The Weathermay twins both married lord Godefroy without realising 2 things. 1, they were both marrying the same guy and 2, he was a ghost. They're now suing for divorce and for once in his life, Godefroy realises he mat actually win an argument agains ta woman!

Kalidnay is still petitioning to exist, desptie everyone else saying it doesn't. The standing of the Dark powers on this struggle is in a fit of giggles.

The Nocturnal Sea has seen a fair number of false Dark Lords including The Dread Pirate Roberts, Captain Jack Sparrow, Davey Jones (of The Monkees, not the other Davey Jones) and the band Alestorm. The price of rum has also trippled, meaning most of these returned home to Saragossa, where they loot it for free.

Tristessa tried opening a babysitting business, it failed when all the children seemed to die mysteriously in her care. She still denies anything about how the spider legs got grafted on to them.

The Shadow Rift had an open day, no one bothered to go.

Staunton Bluffs were painted white and renamed The White Cliffs or the Dread Realms and no one noticed for 2 years, so the paint was washed away again.

The Isle of Demise now has sandy beaches and boming tourist trade, but many tour groups venturing inland have never been seen again. However, the statue stall is booming.

Lemot Sedium Juste managed success with a musical called Banshee of the Marketplace, but not before it was stolen by a small time playwrite from Paridon where it earned the thief a fortune before he was killed and replaced by a Dread Doppleganger.

Nova Vaasa has rewruitten it's history each year, just to confuse people further. In the most recent edit, the domain's real name is Barovia Junior and was formed in 1BC by a down and out organ grinder named Geoff the Monkey Man.
Rewrutten? Where did you learn Common? :wink: Jack Sparrow as a DL? Nah, too much goodness in him. Even the Complete Scoundrel acknowledges him as CN.
Hindsight is, after all, caused by a lack of foresight.

Death rates exceeded 100% in some towns.

Charles V spent most of his reign aging.

This was beginning of Empire, when Europeans felt the need to reach out and smack someone
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

gonzoron wrote:Perfect analogy! Now do we take the Marvel tactic of Ultimate Ravenloft? or the DC tactic of Crisis on Infinite Ravenlofts? :)
I prefer the Ultimate Ravenloft. Always wanted to make re-ingeneering to Ravenloft! Mmmmmm... Maybe that would need a new post...

As for Crisis on Infinite Ravenlofts, Should we have to use the results of all the individual campaigns? If so, they would certainly be infinite...
Last edited by WolfKook on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Ok, the repeating dopplegangers strike again :x
Last edited by WolfKook on Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
William Blake
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Malocchio - While looking too young will never be a problem for the Dukkar, the circumstances of his origin would be looked on with a big dose of skepticism by anyone who doubts the existence of fiends. Lots of people outside Invidia probably take it for granted that his claim to the Aderre name is spurrious, as he's obviously too old to be Gabrielle's child ... but then, there's nothing new about usurpers rising to power in Invidia.
He claims to be her son? Perhaps he denies it, and the rumors about them sharing the last name begin to point elsewhere. Common people may think that Gabrielle was a young vistana who bewitched Mallocchio's father and stole him away from his mother, tearing his family apart. That will explain his hatred of her, and of vistani in general.
William Blake
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Zettaijin wrote:OK, my revised Elena sounds too much like Diamabel.
IMC, I've planned on having Elena killed and to return her as a Dark Knight. I've always thought that would be an interesting step in character development. Besides, RL's got a slot open for a Dark Knight (Which I've always thought is one of the best D&D monsters ever), and it would be an interesting thing to have a female Dark Knight.
William Blake
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Amicus wrote:
Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:Nova Vaasa has rewruitten it's history each year, just to confuse people further. In the most recent edit, the domain's real name is Barovia Junior and was formed in 1BC by a down and out organ grinder named Geoff the Monkey Man.
This is the best history of the domain I've ever seen. Long live Barovia Jr. (aka Nova Huurdi-guurdia!) Geoff could even start a band with Davy Jones!

But what about Desmond LaRouche, Half-Monkey?
In the 4th draft he was born from a prok pie and a chicken vindaloo, so who knows what he is now.

Glad you liked it :twisted:
Tykus wrote:Rewrutten? Where did you learn Common? :wink: Jack Sparrow as a DL? Nah, too much goodness in him. Even the Complete Scoundrel acknowledges him as CN.
Shush or the Typo Golem will be created ;)

I did mention that they were false Dark Lords ;) heheh
Swallow your soul!
The Arcanist
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by The Arcanist »

Personally, I dont see a problem with Ivana being replaced as she replaced her mother, plan for it by introducing a protégé (those old family trees and LotB could be very useful) before hand so you may continue any unfinished threads...

Otherwise, if you just can't completely say goodbye to her (yeah, hard to do) either way have her protege murder her, and have her carry on as a ghost from behind the scenes, occasionally possessing people when the need comes, but when she's on someone else's body her poison touch carries over and perhaps there's a slight quirk she can not hide... maybe related to her death... revealing her presence to those in the know.

As for Ivan, well, you chose, have him die of old age or perhaps in his old age he could be Ivana's ally against the ruthlessly scheming protégé.

Jackie on the other hand, she could start fading from public life, claiming a disease perhaps? spend 3 years feeding rumours to the people that even if she isnt the socialite any more she's still pretty much well aware of the rumormonging and still in the game and acting through "puppet relative", then a few more years (let's say 4) she starts rumors that as her health fades she's training "puppet relative" to take her place and he/she is quite capable of doing so.

Finally pretend her own death, take a new name and disguise to seem much younger and always close to "puppet relative" after a few more years (how about 3) that the people who knew her but werent in her confidence group pass away (one way or another), dispose of "puppet relative" and take the spot light once again... 10 years work for lets say 50 more before she has to do something like this again doesnt seem too much for her, it's not like's she's not scheming and deceiving people everyday either way.
We both may be ghoul meat tonight, but I'll catch your people before the flesh eaters find me Vistana!

Malodorous Goat Refugee