Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

I know it's a stupid question before I ask, but does anybody have diplomacy to try and cool these dudes off? Or even entertain to sing them a little song or something? It would be nice to improve their attitude a bit.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
User avatar
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Portland,OR

Post by Lord Skybolt »

No I don't think that's a stupid question at all and I think Jonathan has that skill at a pretty good mod. too . So maybe you could suggest it to J Mayter .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

are they mad at us?
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
User avatar
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Portland,OR

Post by Lord Skybolt »

He is just pointing out that they are a little nervous because of the non-humans and one of them having a wolf as a "pet" as it were .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
User avatar
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:53 am
Location: Italy // Greece

Post by VAN »

And also the dwarf has red eyes doesn't help...
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:And also the dwarf has red eyes doesn't help...
Right.

Outsider rating.

Now, I have shifted the scene forward. The hunt is on!

I need to know if Karim or Franz took either a silver dagger or a silver shortsword. Alain offered, via Wat.
I also need to know if anyone of the party took Al;ain up on the offer of 5 silver bolts.

If Jonathon wants to use diplomacy, we may assume that he had time to chat up the loggers before you left camp- they took a short break to eat and rest. Roll if you wanted to do that, otherwise move on.


I need listen, search, and spot checks from each and every PC.

If your PC is remaining behind in camp ( no NPCs remain there). Let me know.


If you are taking the dwarf's mule, let me know. BTW, the mule is uneasy around Baelmus, to the point of freaking out without a Handle Animal check, DC 17 from someone. The dog doesn't bother the mule in the least, nor is Franz' pooch scared of the wolf.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Take care of that for me, ewan? I have a gig tonight at 9 so am pretty much incomunnicado until around 3 a.m Friday :P
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio already has a silvered dagger and silvered bolts, so he won't need any of Alain's weapons.


As for the rolls...

Listen: 15

Spot: 18

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380197/



Search: 4

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2380198/
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden
Posts: 6649
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:53 am
Location: Italy // Greece

Post by VAN »

Karim can get the sword if is ok with the others.

Spot 14

Listen 7
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
User avatar
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1849
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:24 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Post by RocEter »

Listen 1d20+8=10

Spot 1d20+8=20

Search 1d20+6=19


Um if no one else has handle animal Galandel will attempt the Handle Animal check.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Just got back from my gig. Burnt out and a lil boozed up! Roll em for me, ewan and Franz will use his own weapons, ignoring the silver ones.
User avatar
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Portland,OR

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Here is a Listen check for Alain as that is the only one he can do right now .
23 Listen .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4575
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

One thing I would ask the group about their opinion as seasoned D&D players: Can paladins curse?

- Dofur is a dwarf, so I kinda expected him to have a colourful language, but thinking about it again... I have to recognize that, for the first time in a while, I encounter a D&D-related problem I can't solve myself. :)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

My personal take is that would be fine for a Paladin to curse if that's the cultural norm for the paladin's society. Given the stereotypic representation of dwarven society, I'd think it would be fine for him to curse.


Edit: Come to think of it, being able to curse well might even be considered a virtue in dwarven society!
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Thinking about it I would have liked to see how Norzak and Raf's pc would have interacted! :lol:
Post Reply