The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Was entierly ment as one, sorry if it came off as insulting. I'm digging the character.
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

No worries--it's well-taken, actually. :) It's great to know I can pull it off successfully.
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

The Whistler wrote: which in practice translates to me channelling every Austen novel and Gilbert and Sullivan operetta I've ever been exposed to. :)
That I missed her depressed her
Young sister named Esther
This mister to pester she tried.
Now a pestering sister's a festering blister,
You'd best to resist her say I.
The mister resisted,
The sister persisted,
I kissed her – all loyalty slipped.
When she said I could have her
Her sister's cadaver
Must surely have turned in its crypt
Yes, yes, yes, yes!
For I love she and she loves me
Enraptured are the both of we
Yes I love she and she loves I
And will through all eternity!


<3

I will be joining Cyrus' group. Lessee how the Apothecary likes nuns :P!
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Wth is this? No one posts in OOC? I HAVE TO DOUBLE POST?

(12:05:43 AM) nerit: Anyway, I expect hilarity to ensue! Nundercover!
(12:05:49 AM) nerit: *rimshot*
(12:05:50 AM) Isabella: ow
(12:05:53 AM) Isabella: bad pun
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Just don't make a habit out of it. :roll:
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

For those curious to know what Nicolas actually writes about (or those looking for early ideas for Christmas) , a synopsis of his published works are now availble in the cutscenes thread for your perusal.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Enough of this nunsense!
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Cronax wrote:Just don't make a habit out of it. :roll:
Hey, buddy, I walked away for ~7 hours :P. At least it wasn't a technical help thread.

3:00pm
Help!!!!!!!

5:00pm
/bump

7:00pm
Hello???

8:00pm
THIS FORUM SUCKS MY COMPUTER IS BROKEN
---

But I shall have nun of this nun pun mischief! It's cheap!
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 7691
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
Gender: Male
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Cronax wrote:Just don't make a habit out of it. :roll:
Get thee to a Punnery!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

A minor heads up: due to my computer developing problems, my posting frequency is going to be very much down - I don't expect I'll be posting at all over the weekend, and I can't properly get at a dice roller. Repairs should be in effect on Monday, so keep your fingers crossed for my laptop's sake ...
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Oh, drr. Which reminds me. I probably won't post this weekend unless a computer miraculously plops onto my lap. I'll be at SteamCon. Woot :D

I apologize for being so unavailable recently. It definitely wouldn't be this way over summer, or even Spring semester, I think. Fall is always the busiest.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

And I have LARP this weekend. Season closer, so I shall be absent from Friday till Sunday afternoon.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

ANNOUNCEMENT! = NPCs and Skill Checks

The recent scenes with the Apothecary and the Lady with the Yellow Cloak have caused a bit of a behind-the-scenes discussion on what role NPCs should be playing with regards to skill checks.

On the one hand, the DMs are loathe to let NPCs make skill checks on their own, because at that point it gets increasingly possible for them to just steal the scene entirely and leave the PCs without a use. The NPCs, for all their faults and good points, should not overshadow the PCs. Also, we've had complaints that Thierri was hogging the spotlight.

On the other hand, we try to maintain the NPCs as basically their own people, which includes their own talents and, yes, skills. If the PCs have all flubbed their Arcana checks and are about to set off the thaumaturgical nuke, it seems unfair to say that the NPC wizard with forty year's experience can't tell them "Don't press the red button." Also, immediately after the above complaint, we had complaints that the NPCs were being too quiet.

So! Compromise solution! NPCs cannot make skill checks of their own, but they can make checks to Aid Another for the PCs, if the PCs ask for it. Two rules about this:

-First, the PC must ask the NPC, and do so before they roll (preferably IC as well, but at minimum in the red text where you say "I roll Diplomacy", you should also state that you want to ask Katja to lend her Diplomacy to you.")

-Secondly, NPCs will do so only once per check. If I ask for a Streetwise check of all the PCs, the NPCs can Aid Another only one person's check. They get one roll for the request same as everyone else.

Any objections?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

I like NPCs :|
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

So it seems to me that we need to get Evrard and Loiseau to quiet down or we'll never get much out of Delarue. Any ideas as to how?
Post Reply