The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

He's in the Book of Sacrifices, which is actually the only Kargatane notebook I have anything in. At the time I was a Johnny-come-lately. :shock:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

How times change...
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Heads up, folks: I'm going to be traveling in Scotland from tomorrow through next Sunday. I'll probably have access to Internet occasionally at least, but posting might be a bit light due to vacation-ey things. :)
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

As long as I am inventing Lawgiver sayings and gestures... ;) The sign of the Spear and Coil is the Lawgiver equivalent of crossing yourself; it's the standard gesture of blessing. The "Spear" part is essentially the same as the vertical stroke of crossing yourself, except it's with all four fingers up and thumb parallel to the fingers and (if you're being formal) starts at the forehead and goes down to the middle of the chest. You then close the hand into a fist and tap your knuckles against your chest (which is, of course, the Coil part).

As an informal gesture one can just hold the hand up at chest height and then tap the chest, which is what Darius did.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

*Sigh* Sorry to do this again, but expect delays in my posts. I have a paper on Chaucer/a Botany exam this week and an Art History paper next week.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I wouldn't worry about it; real life does come first.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Afraid I'm going to be out of commission for at least the rest of this week. maybe longer :(
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Too late to post tonight, but I had to say: I'm greatly amused that I brought ossuaries up to Isa the other week by coincidence, and she said it was relevant. I didn't realize how soon it would pop up. Small spacetime continuum? Maybe?
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

So what is the plan to get Veddy talking without letting the cat out of the bag?

FYI: I'm going to be posting sporadically at best for a while, so don't hesitate to move things along.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

http://kaitoukage.net/sketches/?p=145 - Celeste Viardot in color
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

(Casts Animate Dormant PC)

Back from Scotland! Give me an hour or so to recuperate from jetlag, and Celeste will be back in the mix.

(Casts Appreciate Skillfully Conceived Character Portrait)
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

I'm pretty good for Nature or Perception. Which of the two is preferred that I roll?
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Either one will get you different info/results, so just pick one. :P If you want more direction than that, you probably want to roll the skill that other party members cant, so probably Nature.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

21 on a History check (sorry about using the wrong mod on the roll, guys). Probably doesn't need an Aid Another, but if Richard ends up free after everyone else's rolls then he can hit me up.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

I'm just assigning NPCs to people who ask for them - it bogs the entire thing down if everyone rolls and then they all assign NPCs! :P
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Post Reply