The Shattered City: OOC
- yalenusveler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1266
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
- Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
My thought process on the interrogation is this:
Either Veddy is guilty or otherwise knows about the crime already. In this case we are looking for confirmation of this fact before proceeding with learning what he knows.
Or, he is not complicit. In this case any information revealed to him will be detrimental to our purpose.
Doc, am I correct in assuming your intention is to lure him out with a purposely vague assertion and bluff him into filling in the blanks? I'd be very careful not to give him any details, and even have a fall back position, a trivial or irrelevant matter you can claim you were referring to if he doesn't take the bait.
FYI: Once again, I won't be able to post until the week is up.
Either Veddy is guilty or otherwise knows about the crime already. In this case we are looking for confirmation of this fact before proceeding with learning what he knows.
Or, he is not complicit. In this case any information revealed to him will be detrimental to our purpose.
Doc, am I correct in assuming your intention is to lure him out with a purposely vague assertion and bluff him into filling in the blanks? I'd be very careful not to give him any details, and even have a fall back position, a trivial or irrelevant matter you can claim you were referring to if he doesn't take the bait.
FYI: Once again, I won't be able to post until the week is up.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
- Gonzoron of the FoS
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 7691
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: New Jersey
- Contact:
Thanks for the shout-out, but the Catalogue doesn't contain much of the Books of S___ yet. We're working on it... slowly. (PLUG: always looking for volunteers!!)NeoTiamat wrote:Can't think off the top of my head, so you would probably have to check the Catalogue. Or just wait for Nathan to drop by again.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
After the robbery was revealed to him, he is going to be investigating it either way. Better that its out in the open and we get some info as a result. In fact, that he is doing it.
Unrelated: 'C' is for Cookie, and that's good enough for me.
Unrelated: 'C' is for Cookie, and that's good enough for me.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
Well I've been told that this was a bad move and going to bite me in the ass, but that seems to be the running thread this chapter, so that works.
Also, Cronax, did you have a plan or a place you were going with your line of questioning? I'm sorry if I disrupted that, we should have communicated better before starting things off here. Your guess was right, really-I figure the easiest way to get something out of Vedarrak is to let him know that he doesn't know something, and watch how he reacts. He's too composed to let much slip when on the defensive, but look how much he revealed when I let him take the offensive, you know? Now we have a couple more names to follow up on and know that Andre isn't telling us everything.
Also, Cronax, did you have a plan or a place you were going with your line of questioning? I'm sorry if I disrupted that, we should have communicated better before starting things off here. Your guess was right, really-I figure the easiest way to get something out of Vedarrak is to let him know that he doesn't know something, and watch how he reacts. He's too composed to let much slip when on the defensive, but look how much he revealed when I let him take the offensive, you know? Now we have a couple more names to follow up on and know that Andre isn't telling us everything.
Its cool, I had a few vague ideas about how to subtly get some info out of him, but your way advances the plot just as well.
Also, this is still chapter 1. I had no expectations about our characters working together seamlessly. They didn't formulate a plan IC, so it wouldn't really make sense to do so OOC. My view is that even if there are failures and mistakes, its all ok as long as it makes for an entertaining game.
Also, this is still chapter 1. I had no expectations about our characters working together seamlessly. They didn't formulate a plan IC, so it wouldn't really make sense to do so OOC. My view is that even if there are failures and mistakes, its all ok as long as it makes for an entertaining game.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
- Gonzoron of the FoS
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 7691
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: New Jersey
- Contact:
Hooray! Sedlec! I used it to spruce up the Homloch church in Daglan for the Feast of Goblyns module, but I like it here in Dementlieu too. What a fantastically creepy place.Nerit wrote:Too late to post tonight, but I had to say: I'm greatly amused that I brought ossuaries up to Isa the other week by coincidence, and she said it was relevant. I didn't realize how soon it would pop up. Small spacetime continuum? Maybe?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
- Gonzoron of the FoS
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 7691
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:02 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: New Jersey
- Contact:
Just got caught up after a couple weeks without time to read... awesome stuff all around. "C" huh? dare I hope for a musical reprise? Nah, getting skewered and sent off into a demon dimension tends to be permanent... Except that one time on Buffy, of course.
On another note...
Whistler? How the heck do you come up with this stuff? It must be exhausting to write for Celeste. It's exhausting just to read it, but in an absolutely delightful way. (That's a compliment, in case it doesn't read like one.)
On another note...
Whistler? How the heck do you come up with this stuff? It must be exhausting to write for Celeste. It's exhausting just to read it, but in an absolutely delightful way. (That's a compliment, in case it doesn't read like one.)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
Thanks a lot! Honestly, I sometimes don't know how I come up with it.Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Whistler? How the heck do you come up with this stuff? It must be exhausting to write for Celeste. It's exhausting just to read it, but in an absolutely delightful way. (That's a compliment, in case it doesn't read like one.)
I can state with some certainty that neither I nor Celeste operates under the influence of either. Though I'd probably also guess that seeing Celeste on ecstasy would be absolutely terrifying.Nathan of the FoS wrote:Ecstasy + Meth = Love That Don't Get Tired.
