The Shattered City: OOC
*sorry Internet connection died - damn Uk not being prepared for snow*
unfortunatley I do have work...
I'm out at meetings most of tomorrow day and early evening but I should be free after about 11 at night (thats GMT -so 6pm for you guys I guess and earlier for Nathan)
unfortunatley I do have work...
I'm out at meetings most of tomorrow day and early evening but I should be free after about 11 at night (thats GMT -so 6pm for you guys I guess and earlier for Nathan)
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
That's the worst of organizing this kind of thing...time zone trouble!
I'm afraid I have no really good suggestions on timing...on a weekday I think there is no good combination of times for us.
I can't really do 3 PM tomorrow (11 GMT, 6 EST), because I have a meeting at 2 that often goes more than an hour...
Right now might work if we can make it snappy.
I'm afraid I have no really good suggestions on timing...on a weekday I think there is no good combination of times for us.
Right now might work if we can make it snappy.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
*drumroll*
I suspect I can't introduce this better than Gonzoron and Lostboy can, so without further adieu, let me present: http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... php?t=6843
It is a massive, but also massively useful map.
I suspect I can't introduce this better than Gonzoron and Lostboy can, so without further adieu, let me present: http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... php?t=6843
It is a massive, but also massively useful map.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Also, the Int Checks have been rendered moot now. Basically, what you would have remembered is that Warden Giroud was Cedolin's liason with the Church of Ezra.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
I understand the removal of specific times from the GM posts was necessary to loosen up the chronological narrative, but would it be possible to keep more general times like 'Morning', 'Afternoon' or 'Evening' in the header?
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Done.Cronax wrote:I understand the removal of specific times from the GM posts was necessary to loosen up the chronological narrative, but would it be possible to keep more general times like 'Morning', 'Afternoon' or 'Evening' in the header?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
*High Five*Doc wrote: I will go with Mauganson and Miss Viardot to Lecanu's room, Sister Doherty and the Isfahani brothers will investigate Greiner's room, Lia, you'll go with the Blackwoods to investigate Vaillant's room, and our Mister Agale and de Castaigne will start looking in the library
I detect comedy gold with these divisions =P
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Alright, I would say to the groups in the rooms to wrap up, make any final checks you want, and start heading out. I would like to reconvene the entire party at the Library (so Nicolas and Agale can stay put and talk to crazy-ghost-nun) sometime tomorrow.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Okay, so.
It turns out my plan to get an estimate of where the crime took place was built on a faulty assumption. I know, "Beard? Do something stupid? The shock!". Fortunately, I have to wake up every morning and realize, "Oh, you're still you." and that's punishment enough for just about anyone.
Lets get a list going of what we've found so that similar mistakes are not made. I'll start.
We know:
Warden 1 liked lots and lots of books, spending well beyond his means on them. We're not sure how he got the money to live like this. His interest changed every few months.
He made a paper trail. We have a list of every seller he used and how much he spent there.
Warden 1's interest focuses all coincided with an exhibit at the gallery that was destroyed last chapter. A cover for a robbery operation? Smuggling? Embezzling scheme? Coincidence?
Warden 1 was meticulously neat,
It turns out my plan to get an estimate of where the crime took place was built on a faulty assumption. I know, "Beard? Do something stupid? The shock!". Fortunately, I have to wake up every morning and realize, "Oh, you're still you." and that's punishment enough for just about anyone.
Lets get a list going of what we've found so that similar mistakes are not made. I'll start.
We know:
Warden 1 liked lots and lots of books, spending well beyond his means on them. We're not sure how he got the money to live like this. His interest changed every few months.
He made a paper trail. We have a list of every seller he used and how much he spent there.
Warden 1's interest focuses all coincided with an exhibit at the gallery that was destroyed last chapter. A cover for a robbery operation? Smuggling? Embezzling scheme? Coincidence?
Warden 1 was meticulously neat,
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
For the record, Warden 1, that is, Warden Lecanu, was a copyist and sometime restorer of old texts.
Warden Vaillant (Lia's one) was a petty scholar and friend of Lecanu.
Warden Grenier (the Twins and Nerit) was a Darkonian preacher here temporarily, and as far as you know not really connected to either of the above.
Warden Vaillant (Lia's one) was a petty scholar and friend of Lecanu.
Warden Grenier (the Twins and Nerit) was a Darkonian preacher here temporarily, and as far as you know not really connected to either of the above.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
What I think we have here is alley murder scenario:
Basically, Lecanu in his obsession found something interesting and followed it to its source (They metaphorical alley). There he was shanked by some villain. Warden 2 realizes his friend is gone and traces his steps down the same 'alley' and suffers the same fate. Wash, rinse, repeat and the alley starts filling up with bodies. If this is so, then it shouldn't be overly difficult to find the 'alley' ourselves and being plucky adventurers, hope we are well armed enough not to be shanked ourselves when the time comes.
Basically, Lecanu in his obsession found something interesting and followed it to its source (They metaphorical alley). There he was shanked by some villain. Warden 2 realizes his friend is gone and traces his steps down the same 'alley' and suffers the same fate. Wash, rinse, repeat and the alley starts filling up with bodies. If this is so, then it shouldn't be overly difficult to find the 'alley' ourselves and being plucky adventurers, hope we are well armed enough not to be shanked ourselves when the time comes.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
- Kaitou Kage
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 2115
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: Here and there
- Contact:
