The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

He got thrown into the TV.
If we follow that analogy to its logical conclusion, it means that the first npc we encountered this game (Deveroux I think) will turn out to be the god of death.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Cronax wrote:
He got thrown into the TV.
If we follow that analogy to its logical conclusion, it means that the first npc we encountered this game (Deveroux I think) will turn out to be the god of death.
...does this actually surprise you at all?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

DocBeard wrote:I'd like to try and recover Celodin, but I dunno if that's possible. He hasn't been dominated...I'm not sure WHAT happened to him, though the attack type suggests he's some kind of foulspawn now.
You can always whack him once or twice for non-lethal damage and then tie him up.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

The Whistler wrote:“I say! This post is made of WIN, isn't it?”
For this, Whistler, I will forgo the headbutt. :lucas::lucas::lucas:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Whistler,

Have you ever heard of 'The Dark Sword of Bitter Lies'?
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

. . . . . I didn't know Celeste was part Rokugani. And I'm pretty sure Masks could become fashionable. Bayushi Celeste ? :D
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

She did have that smashing Kimono.

(Wrong colors, though. Mantis?)
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

:D :D :D Awesome Whistler, just awesome....

Oh before I forget anyone who bloodies/drops an enemy to 0hp within 10 squares of Nicholas gains 3 temporary hp via Virtue of Valor, but I guess I need line of sight to grant that to people?

Also if anyone needs healing you need to be within 5 squares of Nicholas so I can grant you majestic word.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

I've got to head out in a bit, so will have to post later but unless anyone else has a better idea Im going after Kerrian to heal him this turn.

But as I know knob all about 4e mechanics are there any better ideas for healing him?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Right now about the only way to heal him is either for him to make his Death saving throw or for someone with a healing ability to get over there and use it on him.

Someone can also make a DC 15 Heal check on him to stabilize him. This means he won't have to make Death saving throws until he gets hit again.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Actually, you can use a standard action to grant an adjacent ally the use of his second wind (sans the defense bonus) with a DC 10 heal check.

If that is impractical, it seems either I or Lostboy will have to make a mad dash down the corridor, provoking a bunch.

It might be time to start busting out the action points.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

alright i'll go for it, but will post later tonight.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Just a reminder that if you're healed while dying, you recover HP as if you were at 0, not at negative ten million or whatever.
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

I was going to make the run but with the door shut I'd be running out there at 11 hp and probably get taken out before I could lay on hands at him.

I think we should be making a push to get together in the central hallway ASAP. The party's weakness is pretty clearly distance healing, which has been taken advantage of pretty absolutely here. Yeah, there'll be more shots taken at us, but we can also function better if we provide some cover for our casters.
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Wouldn't it be better to get together in the room where the turrets are most weakened, i.e., the Akiri room? We can regroup, heal up and move out as a team, then.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
Post Reply