The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Well, where to now? The clock is ticking, and you have a decision to make.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Would the ritual be at the university or the church?
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

umm in the absence of any other solid leads shouldnt we be checking out #1 Route de Tarascons?

Or on reflection of reading Yalenus' post perhaps we should be at that specific University checkpoint by 2am?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

I thought the ritual was happening, like, right now?

...still, yeah, we did have an address gift wrapped. Sounds good to me. Any objections?
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

true, although whatever it is, seems to be in the midst of working and without any clear idea of where or even wtf it is I doubt we have much chance to stop it (and the DMs haven't dropped any hints).

The only hard leads we have are the Checkpoint and the address, beyond that we seem to be fumbling in the dark (or did I miss something really important?)

Assuming that note Kerrian found meant tonight, its now midnight which gives us 2 hours to be at the Checkpoint. I'd suggest that is the best route to go as whoever is at #1 route de Tarascons probabley won't be home at the moment because they iz out ritualizing ....
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Only one thing-DMs, how much time will that cost us?
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Getting to the check-point? About 40 minutes. #1 Route de Tarascons would be about 30 minutes.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

So we can do both with a little time to spare? Then let's. If we don't find solid clues at the house, we can maybe still warn the people at the checkpoint before they get glassed to death.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

I sure do love 50-50 chances.

Does anyone have a compelling reason for not charging the checkpoint? If not I say we do so today.
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Id vote checkpoint first...

Not sure what we do once there, maybe get Tomas up in drag to look like Anne-Marie? :)
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

lostboy wrote:Id vote checkpoint first...

Not sure what we do once there, maybe get Tomas up in drag to look like Anne-Marie? :)
While I will never say a word against any plan that involves the paladin in drag, I should note that the event at the checkpoint, if it occurs, isn't scheduled for another two hours. So once you arrive there you'll be cooling your heels for a while. This wouldn't necessarily be the case with #1 Route de Tarascons.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

I return. Sorry for the dearth of posts lately, work has been a killer. Now that I'm caught back up, hoo boy what a mess.

I don't suppose anyone knows the rituals Phantom Steed, Traveler's Chant or something else that can speed us up?
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

ok fair enough...

I actually messed up the whole ritual thing in charcter creation and didnt relaise you could buy more rituals than you get alloted in the character builder, so Nichoals has a vast 2 rituals at the moment. I'll sort that out next time i have some money and an opportunity to shop. (although maybe Ive got that wrong as well :? )

But no he doesnt have travellers chant...
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Only thing I have that comes close to facilitating travel is Tenser's Floating Disc ... *snrk* Man, that reminds me of when I first got to use that spell in 3E and none of us really knew what its limits were. I got to use it to temporarily shore up a roof that was going to collapse on us, and use it as a kind of magic skateboard! ^^ Good times, good times. Pity the Greater Disc, or whatever it's called, wasn't updated for 4E; I seem to recall you can use that one to carry yourself, too.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Would a high streetwise roll help get us there quicker?

Or we could nick er I mean comandeer a boat or coach?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
Post Reply