The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

We will now adjourn for a brief interlude to catch up on a wide variety of minor events that require attention. We're going to split this interlude up into several distinct storylines. The following four PCs aren't being given a choice in where they get to go, for various plot reasons.

Cyrus & Darius Isfahani -- You two are cordially invited to the Hazlani Embassy. Check your PM boxes for an invitation. I'm afraid that you two are not allowed to decline this honor, nor are any other PCs allowed to accompany. Just the Twins here.

Lia Mournswaithe -- You are going to be meeting with Prof. Andre Theroux in a discreet corner of the Guignol Museum, where you can have some privacy. Tomas my accompany you, but no other PCs.

Nicolas Etienne de Castaigne -- You, my friend, are going to be having a pleasant lunch at the Cafe' David. This is an open storyline, and so you may be accompanied by any PCs who are free and want to come.

---Now, the four of you above, I'm going to insist on these specific storylines. The rest of you, however, are free to either go on your own specific adventures (a selection of which is offered), or you can join any other storyline except for Lia's or the Isfahanis', provided the main PC doesn't mind.

Mr. Agale -- Our esteemed advocate has a number of options. He can make contact with his boatman friend, he can carry on his legal business, or he can try and investigate the Chateau de Tarascons. You are also free to join any open storyline.

Celeste -- Milady can join any open storyline, or you can have a pleasant conversation with Cerise, who has heard something that might be of interest to you.

Tomas -- You have the most options, I think, aside from Mr. Agale. You can accompany Lia to talk to Andre. You have a date with Mary Collins, as well, though that may be best done in private RP. Or you can carry on some business with Ronceray Abbey, I believe you mentioned ideas to that effect. Or you can join any open storyline, of course.

Kerrian -- The shaman can arrange for visiting rights from the Marquis, and see our mutual friend Captain Cedolin. Of course, you can also join any open storyline.

Nerit -- You may join any open storyline you wish.

For the latter five PCs, these are just the most likely options I've come up with. If anyone has a new or different idea, I'll gladly entertain it. You can always just have a chat with nearly any NPCs you can name, for instance (not just Chateau NPCs, mind you. Nothing stopping you from chatting up Marcos Vedarrak or Claude LaGrange, provided you can come up with a reason to speak with these worthies).

I'll be writing up the three required scenes tonight and tomorrow morning, and will be opening the Interlude Thread some time tomorrow. I'll be adding the rest of the storylines as people choose them.

Any questions?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

And also, to keep you guys even busier while I feverishly write out umpteen storylines, here's the Feedback. We decided to introduce a bit more structure to it, with the help of everyone's favorite nun, Nerit!

Story & Plot - 2 RT
What you thought of the hook:

...the pace:

...the direction:

...the cutscenes:

...the surprising and/or shiny spectacles:

...the NPCs, their involvement and their characterizations (etc):

Combat - 2 RT
What you thought of the pace of the first combat:

...of the difficulty:

...of the tactics and strategies involved:

What you thought of the pace of the second combat:

...of the difficulty:

...of the tactics and strategies involved:

General - 2 RT
What you enjoyed:

What you want to see improved (and how):

Any other comments:
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Finally, you may level up your characters to Level 7. Try and have it done by the end of the interlude.

Money will be coming, patience, I actually have to do math for that.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

I'd be interested in chatting with Cerise, certainly, but I know Isa had talked about doing a verbal sparring match or two between Thierri and me, or setting me up for a meeting with the Marquis...I dunno, maybe some of those can be covered in SideRP? I'm up for whatever would be most helpful to the plot.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

The above are mainly what will be going on in the main thread. You're certainly welcome to run more events via side RP, providing you can catch the GMs online with enough time to run one... which has been a bit of a tricky proposition these days.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

So I get a nice lunch out of this? Awesome and which plates will be poisoned....? :wink:

If Agale or anyone else is off to investigate the Chateau de Tarascons I'm on for that as well.

Feedback coming soon.

Finally Neo/Isy, if you have map ideas for Book 3 can you get me some details as soon as you can? Work is pretty full-on right now and the more notice you can give the better.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

lostboy wrote:So I get a nice lunch out of this? Awesome and which plates will be poisoned....? :wink:

If Agale or anyone else is off to investigate the Chateau de Tarascons I'm on for that as well.

Feedback coming soon.

Finally Neo/Isy, if you have map ideas for Book 3 can you get me some details as soon as you can? Work is pretty full-on right now and the more notice you can give the better.
I'll try and get you some stuff by the end of the week, enough to start at least.

As far as going with Agale.... you're going to be having lunch, so unless you happen to know how to be in two places at once....
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

If you two can, by some miracle, manage to get online at the same time as one of the GMs, the pair of you can investigate the manor via side-RP.

Alternatively, since I believe that has the approximate chance of a snowball in hell, the pair of you can attempt to run the scene via email, just making sure you CC one of the GMs (at least, if you'd actually like to find anything).
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Let's see. Lia's call if she wants Tomas backing her up or not with Andre. Otherwise I could do the abbey or the date-I'd like to do both, honestly, but since we are sorta busy...
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Neo wrote:As far as going with Agale.... you're going to be having lunch, so unless you happen to know how to be in two places at once....
Is the interlude take place over only a single day? I was planning to have Agale meet Nic for lunch, check out the manor and do a quick chat with the boatman.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

I'd be interested in joining Nicolas for lunch, but I leave it up to him; a nun might cramp his style ;). Otherwise, side-RPs, wee.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

DocBeard wrote:Let's see. Lia's call if she wants Tomas backing her up or not with Andre. Otherwise I could do the abbey or the date-I'd like to do both, honestly, but since we are sorta busy...
You're welcome to come along. :) I leave it up to your own preference.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Like I said, you're free to do more than one if scheduling permits and you can catch one of us to work something out. However, anywhere you go in the main thread is guaranteed to happen, as opposed to our normal circus of scheduling conflicts, showing up late and real life.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

All right, I'll take on Cerise in the main thread, then. You guys want to start, or should I?

(Also, hooray excellent art! :) )
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Cronax wrote:
Neo wrote:As far as going with Agale.... you're going to be having lunch, so unless you happen to know how to be in two places at once....
Is the interlude take place over only a single day? I was planning to have Agale meet Nic for lunch, check out the manor and do a quick chat with the boatman.
The problem isn't IC-time. It's that we have to finish all this before we start Book Three, and I don't want to take up too much time.

If you two decide you want to do all that in an email-conversation, that's perfectly acceptable, but I doubt it's manageable in-thread.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Post Reply