The Shattered City: OOC
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
Heads up, just had last minute noticiaction Im off on a work trip to Greece & Turkey on Tuesday for a week. I think I'll have web access but not sure how much chance I'll get to post, but Im guessing the major chunk of the battle is over anyway (unless Neo is just as sadistic as I expect of him...
)
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
The mist is still causing pain and suffering, yes.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Well, the ritual has gone kaput, so no more checks to shore it up now. THe mist, on the whole, looks like it's expanding, and in general things seem to be leading towards a miniature arcane meltdown.Nathan of the FoS wrote:So, is there any point to making Arcana/Religion/Nature checks now that the pool has popped? Or is it time to sweep up the leftovers and then head for the exit?
Whether you want to run for the hills or try and think up some last-ditch method to stop it is up to you.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
I vote for running very quickly based on that revelation, unless anyone has a patented mist containment device we arent aware of?
On another and far more important note good luck to all you american types for this evening's ball and foot related action.
On another and far more important note good luck to all you american types for this evening's ball and foot related action.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
- Nerit
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 637
- Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
- Location: The Eternal Autumn
- Contact:
You can't be serious, lostboy. We're American! (You have to have seen John Oliver on the Daily Show to get that one.)
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
Soooo...if there is one thing I have taken from this fight, it is that I need better defense if I want to have a long and successful career as a tank and damage-sponge. Right now I have panther spirit leather armor +1 and a brooch of shielding (no daily power, just the resist force 5 and +1 to non-AC defenses). Any suggestions for additions/upgrades?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
- Nathan of the FoS
- Fiendish Enforcer

- Posts: 5247
- Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
- Location: San Francisco CA
Well, yes, there is a limit to what one can do to protect against critical hits (and I believe Darius took three in that fight, which is crazy).
Also crazy--Darius has now taken 165 hit points of damage in this fight. Which is exactly enough to kill him once (99) and then knock him unconscious again (66). If he really were a panther I guess he would have burned through one of those nine lives by now.
Also crazy--Darius has now taken 165 hit points of damage in this fight. Which is exactly enough to kill him once (99) and then knock him unconscious again (66). If he really were a panther I guess he would have burned through one of those nine lives by now.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Just so you know I have nothing against you, I own a vorpal sword in the game I am playing in on the side, and was just as unhappy I wasted all those twenties on Darius! 
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
