The Shattered City: OOC
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Ahem. *cough*
Available to me are:
Bigby's Icy Grasp, Blur, Dimension Door, Dispel Magic, Expeditious Retreat, Fireball, Fire Burst, Flaming Sphere, Force Orb, Freezing Cloud, Mass Resistance, Rolling Thunder, Shield, Shock Sphere, Web
Red means: I really want to bring this one if at all possible. Especially Mass Resistance, which I hope may make the difference for more than just me.
Green means: Encounter power.
Available to me are:
Bigby's Icy Grasp, Blur, Dimension Door, Dispel Magic, Expeditious Retreat, Fireball, Fire Burst, Flaming Sphere, Force Orb, Freezing Cloud, Mass Resistance, Rolling Thunder, Shield, Shock Sphere, Web
Red means: I really want to bring this one if at all possible. Especially Mass Resistance, which I hope may make the difference for more than just me.
Green means: Encounter power.
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Rock,
Given that this thing looks like its going to encompass a single, large rolling encounter and we're not going to need to save anything for future encounters that day, I'd recommend picking Daily powers over Encounter ones and trying to get as many persistent effects as you can.
IMO, take:
Flaming Sphere
Shield
Bigby's Icy Grasp (although you are unlikely to need both this and the sphere going at the same time, you should assume you'll get stunned at least once and will need to start up the other)
Dimension Door
As a side note, why do you have no level 9 dailies? (I'd recommend picking up Mordenkainen's sword and/or Firewall if its not too late)
-----
Mr. Agale is mostly focused on dealing psychic damage, status effects and forcing the enemy to attack each other. I'm pretty accurate (+15 vs Will) with an at will AOE, so I can mow through the minions. I've got a daily Majestic Word for healing and Mind Blast, a large area stun. I can also hand out combat advantage twice an encounter.
I concur with the strategies described so far. Rex should head in the small tunnel alone and try to Metal Gear Solid the box while we make a diversion from the Montmort tunnel.
Given that this thing looks like its going to encompass a single, large rolling encounter and we're not going to need to save anything for future encounters that day, I'd recommend picking Daily powers over Encounter ones and trying to get as many persistent effects as you can.
IMO, take:
Flaming Sphere
Shield
Bigby's Icy Grasp (although you are unlikely to need both this and the sphere going at the same time, you should assume you'll get stunned at least once and will need to start up the other)
Dimension Door
As a side note, why do you have no level 9 dailies? (I'd recommend picking up Mordenkainen's sword and/or Firewall if its not too late)
-----
Mr. Agale is mostly focused on dealing psychic damage, status effects and forcing the enemy to attack each other. I'm pretty accurate (+15 vs Will) with an at will AOE, so I can mow through the minions. I've got a daily Majestic Word for healing and Mind Blast, a large area stun. I can also hand out combat advantage twice an encounter.
I concur with the strategies described so far. Rex should head in the small tunnel alone and try to Metal Gear Solid the box while we make a diversion from the Montmort tunnel.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
All right, I'm all for it! Count me in with the Montmort tunnel crowd.
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Cronax: Thanks for the advice. Lev. 9 dailies? Hmm, let me check my book! Thanks for the heads up.
- The Whistler
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 1454
- Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
- Location: Southshore
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Are we starting fresh with dailies, incidentally, or have we not recharged from the battle at the Chateau?
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
starting fresh!
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
NT, just a little reminder: Lia's at 57 hp, not 19. 
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
To Docbeard: Be it ever so brief, it's smashing to see you back with us. 
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Remember, we're probably going to need to deal with the ringleaders as well, don't blow too many Dailies & Encounters on the welcoming party.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
For the record:
While a creature is blinded, it can’t see, which means its targets have total concealment against it (-5 Penalty to Attack Rolls), and it takes a -10 penalty to Perception checks. It also grants combat advantage and can’t flank.
While a creature is blinded, it can’t see, which means its targets have total concealment against it (-5 Penalty to Attack Rolls), and it takes a -10 penalty to Perception checks. It also grants combat advantage and can’t flank.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
It should be noted however, that unless the enemy specifically hides, blinded people are perfectly aware of what square they are in, and can attack with Close and Area attacks without penalty (-5 only applies to Ranged and Melee powers).
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
- Rock of the Fraternity
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 6808
- Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Do we dash up the right side of the map, with those still sighted leading the blind? I can try to nab the fleeing wizard with Bigby's Icy Grasp, if you all think it worth the try.
- Nerit
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 637
- Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
- Location: The Eternal Autumn
- Contact:
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Considering how many times I've reserved my bigger spells and spammed my at-wills for a whole fight, I'm going to use whatever I think I can get a success on XD. However, mini-bosses/bosses will call for dailies.Cronax wrote:Remember, we're probably going to need to deal with the ringleaders as well, don't blow too many Dailies & Encounters on the welcoming party.
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Umm not nit-picking but just wondering how Nicolas managed to get hit with a 22 vs Reflex when his Reflex is 23?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
- NeoTiamat
- Evil Genius

- Posts: 4119
- Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
- Gender: Male
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Re: The Shattered City: OOC
Because the DM managed to mess up his math.
Fixed!
Fixed!
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
