The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:44 pm
Location: Pennsylvania...or Baator

Post by yalenusveler »

Aaand i'm out untill sunday night. LARP season opener this weekend.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

NeoTiamat wrote:Also, in the future, you need to state specifically which action you are Readying. You guys get a free pass right now since I didn't catch this in time for you to correct this, but in the future you'll need to state the action. If you don't state the action in the future, you just won't get it.
Just a reminder, be sure to set your Readied Action in red text.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1454
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:38 pm
Location: Southshore

Post by The Whistler »

Argh Argh Argh. I am in a new vacation condo in which I was told there would be Internet! There was no such Internet. But, um, then they hooked up the router, so I should be fine for the rest of the weekend...

Wow, that was the worst anecdote ever. Anyway, I can post now. :P
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Rock, any chance tensers floating disk can block off a well?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I seem to recall it's transparent. Also, it's a ritual, which means it takes minutes to cast. You want to hang around here for minutes while the thing keeps taking over our minds?
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Rock wrote:You want to hang around here for minutes while the thing keeps taking over our minds?
Yes!
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

NeoTiamat wrote:
Rock wrote:You want to hang around here for minutes while the thing keeps taking over our minds?
Yes!
No, no, chief. You're the DM. Nobody was asking you. *pat pat*

...

We know you want us to hang around in the places that can get us horribly killed. Asking you is superfluous. ^^
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

If a round is six seconds and it takes ten minutes to cast, you only have to hold out for 100 rounds.

Unless the ritual caster gets dominated, at least.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 6808
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Isabella wrote:If a round is six seconds and it takes ten minutes to cast, you only have to hold out for 100 rounds.

Unless the ritual caster gets dominated, at least.
Yeah. I'm gonna pass on that one.
Welcome to my webcomic, Sarcantasy.
You can read it here:

Comicfury; Tapas; Webtoon

Come drop by and leave a comment; you'll make my day.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

You all go flying back a square from that tiny earthquake. Not that this particularly matters, but for your general information.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

lostboy: Let's settle this once and for all. How do you spell your character's name?! The profile says Nicolas but you always use Nicholas. Did you change your mind?

And yes, I only thought of this now, well after your reading XD.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Depends how many absinthes I've had....

Actually I can't honestly remember which way it was. I'll need to find my original character bio. It is highly likely that its Nicolas and I've been spelling it wrong for two books.... :oops:
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Well, I can't seem to locate your character-background at the moment, but both character-sheet and appearance brief have it as "Nicolas", so that's what I've been using.

I can forward them to you if you'd like, Lostboy.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

Nah I've got them, just on my other laptop right now without access to them.

It seems the weight of evidence is for Nicolas then. Brilliant that I can't spell my own pc's name, particularly when I managed to spell Dziemianovitch correctly for the last 4 books of EoA.......... ho hum
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

It sounds perfectly in character that Nick can't (or won't) spell his own name correctly half the time.
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
Post Reply