Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Note- still broad daylight, skies are only partly cloudy= you all have good visibility outdoors.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Ewan, just to be clear, the pile of rocks with the crying "child" is a different pile than the pile with the rat, right?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Ewan, just to be clear, the pile of rocks with the crying "child" is a different pile than the pile with the rat, right?
Oh yes, but it isn't far away, maybe ten feet.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Is the child speaking in the same ancient Darkonian dialect as the guy from the cabin?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Is the child speaking in the same ancient Darkonian dialect as the guy from the cabin?
No. Actually, the child is speaking in perfectly intelligible Mordentish, so you can all understand him/her.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4569
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Having to bow out for the next ten days, due to an impending exam!

Please, treat Cirdan well until I am back! :)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

[OOC Listen checks if you like, DC 20]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

I`'ll roll later, ewan. I,m at my tabletop game. P.S a french keyboard is really different from an English one lol!
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Damn, only 16
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Damn, only 16
Heh
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Oh hey, Ewan, I think you and Skybolt mentioned A Song of Ice and Fire a while back. I finally broke down and started plowing through it, hence the sig change. I'm partway through A Storm of Swords right now, and I definitely see what the hype was about. I think Arya and Bran's threads are my favorite so far, and Tyrion, of course. I hope we actually get to see Thoros at some point in SoS; something tells me I can get some inspiration for Dorgio from the red priest.


I'm a little worried he'll kick off before he finishes the whole thing, though.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Oh hey, Ewan, I think you and Skybolt mentioned A Song of Ice and Fire a while back. I finally broke down and started plowing through it, hence the sig change. I'm partway through A Storm of Swords right now, and I definitely see what the hype was about. I think Arya and Bran's threads are my favorite so far, and Tyrion, of course. I hope we actually get to see Thoros at some point in SoS; something tells me I can get some inspiration for Dorgio from the red priest.


I'm a little worried he'll kick off before he finishes the whole thing, though.

Keep reading. :wink:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4569
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

ewancummins wrote:
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Oh hey, Ewan, I think you and Skybolt mentioned A Song of Ice and Fire a while back. I finally broke down and started plowing through it, hence the sig change. I'm partway through A Storm of Swords right now, and I definitely see what the hype was about. I think Arya and Bran's threads are my favorite so far, and Tyrion, of course. I hope we actually get to see Thoros at some point in SoS; something tells me I can get some inspiration for Dorgio from the red priest.


I'm a little worried he'll kick off before he finishes the whole thing, though.

Keep reading. :wink:
QFT.
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Expect an update tomorrow night. That gives everybody a chance to come up with plans and get caught up reading the thread..
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Stuff;


Jon and Norzak are outside the tower- Norzak hanging against the outer wall, and Jon tumbling down the slope of the hill. Cirdan just went out, too.

Buckman went up, and then came back down, the stairs. He's in the main second storey room with the bulk of the party. Dorgio is flanking the entrance to the stairwell. Benn is standing in the entrance to the stairwell [ a very short hall].

There, that should help you guys.

Since Raf is out, I'll play Cirdan in his absence as necessary.


edit-
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Post Reply