Mists over the Musarde OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

I have updated the scene. All PCs except sleepyhead [Jon] are currently in the gypsy camp. Who wants his fortune told? Is anyone doing something else?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Vistani Justice is kind of like Carnie Justice.

Image
Well if you read the Ravenloft: Carnival book, the carnie workers are basically a tribe of Vistani. On the other hand, it's likely that they'd just give the antagonist the evil eye and give them a painful and ironic curse that ends up turning them into a darklord, so let's hope that doesn't happen. Instead, I'm pulling for the end of Freaks. "We will make you one of us."
User avatar
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 3742
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
Location: Omaha, NE

Post by Adam »

I've never gotten a tarrokka reading in any game. So count me in.
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Adam wrote:I've never gotten a tarrokka reading in any game. So count me in.
Same here.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Ditto here as well.
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Lord Skybolt wrote:That's a great quote to use from the books of ICE and FIRE .
Thanks. AFfC wasn't really the same without him. Hopefully we'll get the next book this fall though. Maybe.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4569
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Sure Cirdan wants to get his future told!
User avatar
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1358
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Post by JMaytr »

so who else has heard that HBO is developing Game of Thrones as their new series? I just read it in Variety.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

What's Game of Thrones?
User avatar
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2303
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:49 pm
Location: New Haven, CT

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

A Game of Thrones is the first book in A Song of Ice and Fire. I know they've been talking about turning it into a series for a while, with one book per season. I hope it turns out, but considering they had to drop Deadwood after 3 seasons and Rome after 2 because of budget costs, I'm a little skeptical about how much a SoIaF series would cost.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Game of Thrones would make a great minisries, if the budget allowed for a decent adaptation.

EDIT- Expect the tarokka scene to proceed soon. I am digging out my deck..... :twisted:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
User avatar
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Posts: 4569
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:25 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Saint Grimmin’s-in-the-Wold

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

ewancummins wrote:Game of Thrones would make a great minisries, if the budget allowed for a decent adaptation.
Image

Whatcha mean by "decent"?
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 12102
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:12 pm

Post by steveflam »

Rafael wrote:
ewancummins wrote:Game of Thrones would make a great minisries, if the budget allowed for a decent adaptation.
Image

Whatcha mean by "decent"?


MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..... Xena ........ Gabrielle............ Bwahahahaha!!!!!!
User avatar
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2368
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Portland,OR

Post by Lord Skybolt »

I thinking that would be cool, I have to agree that if they do it they have to wait until the series is finished . Because I would not want Martin to be rushed to finish books because they are doing a series based on them .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
User avatar
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 28523
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:35 pm

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:I thinking that would be cool, I have to agree that if they do it they have to wait until the series is finished . Because I would not want Martin to be rushed to finish books because they are doing a series based on them .
True! Of course, if they start now, and they include all or most of the chapters in the adaptation..... They might have plenty of time. I'm deeply comitted to finishing the series, because it [aside from the occasional fanservice] is a freaking aweseome series! The brutality, treachery, epic scope,etc is great. Without giving anything away, Arya Stark is my favorite viewpoint character.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Post Reply